“Very dirty!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spring Lake
Quad Cities
“Very dirty!”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Haven Holiday Inn on Septmeber 19th, 2009. There amenities say they take pets so we brought our little maltese. We have taken him several times to hotels but this was the dirtiest I've ever been to. They put us on the first floor, which was very outdated. The bathroom floor was so dirty I was afraid to step on it. I did'nt even want my white dog to be on the floor. It was terrible. I felt like we were being punished for bringing our pet. Our dog is cleaner than most humans! Everytime we have stayed at hotels that take pets we have always had clean rooms. This was just gross. The carpeting was also filthy! What a disappointment. Next time we are up there we will pick another hotel even if we have to go to another town!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quadcitiesladybug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Michigan
Reviewed 18 September 2009

My Girlfriends & I want to complainment the entire staff at this hotel. From the time we made our reservation right to the check out time. The staff behind the desk were very helpful with directions to different locations we needed to go. The wait staff in the resturants were very pleasant & attentive while serving. The housekeeping staff were extremely good. I lost some money (not expecting to see it again) and Jode Bijarro-Sprite called & the housekeeper found it & turned it in. Very honest in my eyes. We would definetly stay there again. Thank you very much for an enjoyable week-end.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Before we booked our stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Haven I was a little sketchy because Hotels.com and other places only rated it at 2 Stars. Believe me when I say that's an low-ball rating. I am a very indecisive person and booking our room for two nights took four phone calls. The same man - Dan - answered the phone every time too. I thought he would be completely tired of us but he wasn't. He was patient and kind with every laborious call from me.

The room was completely clean and the bedding was a simple white cover - which was perfect. There were even two mints on our bed-side stand. The bathroom was small but configured in such a way that it felt much bigger.

The hotel restaurant - Jack's - was hand's-down some of the best hotel food I've ever eaten. (I highly recommend the breakfast burrito!!) The servers at the Tiki Bar were super sweet and helpful. And even our room-service waitress was incredibly friendly.

The view from our room wasn't the best - cause it was on the parking lot side. But some of the rooms facing the courtyard, pool and river must have been gorgeous. If you get a room on the courtyard side you will even have a sliding door that opens up onto your own patio!

Our stay in this hotel was one of my most wonderful experiences (and I have been to 7 countries around the world). I would mark our stay here as one of my top 5 favorites.

By the way - they are pet friendly. Our dog stayed right in the room with us! Most hotels charge $40-80 per night for dogs but it was nothing like that here!! A simple $10/night charge (non-taxed) is added on to the room charge.

Totally wonderful experience. We cannot wait to go back!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Like most travellers, I read reviews before I stay somewhere. I was apprehensive, but was pleasantly surprised at the hotel, staff, rooms, and food. Couldn't ask for better and made my workshop that much more enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
chicago IL
Reviewed 1 September 2009

The hotel was in a good enough location, considering there aren't many choices right on the beach. It was however right on the river/canal so you had great scenery with just a short drive to the beach. The service at this hotel was GREAT! The people couldn't have been more accommodating or friendly. The restaurant within, I believe called Jack's, was excellent too. They have a nice size outdoor pool, an indoor pool and a Tikki bar outside as well. The hotel was a bit older, had that older hotel smell just a little, and the elevators could use renewing but all in all it was clean and kept up. The beds were GREAT, very comfortable with nice linens, even a down comforter. We really didn't have high expectations for the hotel and hadn't planned on spending much time in it but it rained all weekend (of course!) so luckily it ended up nice and we really enjoyed our stay. I say if you're trying to decide between the local chain hotels such as the Days Inn, etc. You should definitely go with the Holiday Inn. I may not be the pickiest traveler ever, I like to think I'm right in the middle, but I was also with 3 other women (family, in their 50's-60's) and we all liked it!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Buctown
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I stayed at the hotel with my school staff for two days. The accomodations were excellent, both in the rooms and in the meeting facility, and the staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant, productive, and memorable event. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a business function or a family vacation.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Planning a group event is always stressful, but the hotel staff and event planner(s) made it easy and fun. We had great options for meeting rooms and food menus and they seem to have extremely good relationships with their local vendors. Some of our requests were last minute and they got us exactly what we needed in record time.
Great Rooms (beds are super comfortable), Great Pool with Tiki Bar (steel drum entertainment!) and fantastic restaurant. The food at Jack's was amazing and if you have a chance, try either the Crab Soup or the Cheesecake for dessert. Our entire event was a success and we will be back next year!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#3 of 6 in Grand Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake? Share your experiences!