I've stayed here a few times while on business over the past few years, and I probably won't anymore. While the staff greets you with a smile and are efficient and friendly at their job, the hotel is very 'tired' and dated. The rooms have old carpeting that seems to be well beyond it's expected life and difficult to clean. I was hesitant to walk around the room in bare feet. The wallpaper is peeling at several of the seams, and there are numerous basic maintenance problems that need to be dealt with such as peeling paint, stains, tiles that need to be replaced, etc. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me to substantiate these concerns.
While in the room, trying to go to sleep at 2:00 a.m., we could still hear the thumping of the bass from the sound system in the bar.
The bar, while having a good view of the river, wreaks of thick smoke (Michigan is one of the unfortunate states that still allows smoking in restaurants and bars) and the ventilation - if there is any - doesn't help.
The restaurant offers a fine view of the river and the service and food quality were quite good.
Overall, however, I would recommend other hotel options in the area until this one receives a major renovation. While this Holiday Inn is located in a prime area (on the water), there are several options that are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now featuring all smoke free hotel rooms and brand new bedding! Start your day on the banks of the Grand River. Relax and play in the sun at Lake Michigan beaches and spend an amazing night at the Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn. Located just 2 miles from Lake Michigan beaches and directly on the Grand River, the Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn is your best choice in West Michigan. You ll find the things that are most important to you whether you're here for business or pleasure. Discover the convenience and refreshing experience of the only full service property in the Grand Haven area. Feel your troubles melt away as you relax in our indoor pool or heated outdoor pool. Play a round of 18 at nearby Grand Haven Golf Club. Slip away for a quiet dinner at our award winning restaurant Jack's. Enjoy our nightly happy hour in Jack s Lounge. Sip our signature Rum Runner as you watch the sunset at our outdoor Tiki Bar. Have your morning coffee while strolling along our docks. Traveling on business? Your business is our pleasure. When it's time to get connected, our complimentary WiFi access is waiting for you. Polish that presentation at our business center and we even have the right place for your professional meeting. The Grand Haven Waterfront Holiday Inn is a favorite for business and leisure visitors to the Grand Haven area and we want to become your favorite too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake Hotel Spring Lake
- Holiday Inn Spring Lake
- Spring Lake Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake Michigan