“Been stopping for 60 years!”

Wheeler's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Standish
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 July 2013

When time allows traveling north, a stop at Wheelers is a must. This spring it was for breakfast and memories. As usual the food is great and good coffee too!
But the memories are what keeps me coming back. As a senior now, I reflect back to when I had meals with my parents when we too were traveling north. Long before I-75 even existed, this was the route and Wheelers was our stop!
Can you imagine, putting a coin in the jutebox from your table as it is located on the wall of your booth. The photographs on the walls are so historic and the decor reflects 1930. Its the place for locals and tourist alike. Treat yourself to this one of a kind venue and enjoy the homemade meals and cozy ambience.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Love the old time diner. Built in 1934 yet clean and serving a G R E A T breakfast. Glad we stopped here. Beats those fast food breakfasts all to heck!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We had been on the highway for several hours and began looking for a lunch stop. We hit the GPS and Wheeler's Restaurant popped up. It was a few miles from the interstate but worth the ride. Cozy with original booths and fixtures from decades ago. Big salad bar with what I believe to be homemade soups. It's not a fancy place but the locals go there for a reason.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

The salad and soup bar is excellent. Make sure you get this even if you don't want it. The fish is also another one of my favorites to get there.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We were looking for a place to stop for dinner on our trip home. Thanks to Trip Advisor we found this restaurant. Prices were very good on everything. My daughter got to order pancakes for dinner and got a huge Mickey Mouse pancake which she loved. I was slightly disappointed that the burger seemed to be a preformed patty, but it still tasted very good. My husband got the fish and he got 3 (or maybe 4?) huge pieces and it was excellent. He also had the salad bar and said the chicken noodle soup was amazing. Good service, food came out fresh and hot. There was one small glitch in our order, and the waitress quickly offered to give a discount on the bill. Loved all the old photos and memorabilia on the walls. My daughter thought the chalkboards in the bathrooms were crazy but she loved drawing on them :) Definitely will be back the next time we happen to be in the area.