The Inn at St. Ives
Quality Inn & Suites(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$113
US$104
US$72
US$69
US$99
US$95
Hampton Inn Big Rapids(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hampton.com
US$126
  • Breakfast included
US$93
Hotels.com
US$118
Travelocity
Red Moose Lodge(Baldwin)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
All reviewsliving roomgolf coursetwo queen bedsindoor poolst ivesthe kitchenfront deskbig rapidssmall townfree coffeelake michiganfire pitpull out sofabuilding next doordriving rangesurrounding areaparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2011

In the middle of nowhere. we will be back. great experience. friendly staff. renovating the St. Ives lodge. reasonable golf packsges

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed at the Inn in between two days of golf amateur events at Tullymore and St. Ives. It was a nice enough place, but I find it interesting what Stanwood, MI and the rest of the country thinks of as "resort". The outside was pretty, lobby and the sitting area off the lobby were nice but terribly hot (perhaps air conditioning problems?). Room was clean and comfortable but probably worth about half of what we actually paid for it. Staff were very friendly, but not very knowledgable. I asked at the front desk where we could go for dinner besides the pub at the golf course and she said Big Rapids I asked for directions and she said go out the drive and turn right and it's like a mile down the road. Uh, no - more like 20 minutes? then asked if she knew of a good LOCAL place to go for dinner and she proceeded to name all the big chain restaurants in Big Rapids. No would have been a better answer. The Indoor Pool was huge, very clean and very nice to use.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shelly016
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My friends invited me here, after only seeing the few reviews here, so we weren't sure what to expect. They stayed nearly a week--I was there two days. The staff was usually back behind the front-desk wall, but was very prompt for the bell, and very kind and pleasant with us. We needed a few minor things adjusted in the room, as to kitchen lights that went out, and a toilet handle that had broke--they had help for us very promply. When we (not to keen as to using tv, and dvds, music cds) needed help with dvd and such, the front desk gal was kindly there for us. Coffee was continually freely set, in the lobby, morning, day, or evening, which we were glad for. The front entrance room was really pleasant with nice view of the outdoors. Our rooms were spacious and had a nice kitchen--things were clean and worked well for us.

After seeing a recent review here, I must add that we had downstairs rooms, and I did not hear anything wrong about the upper-rooms or elevator, so I cannot share about that.

It was the "off golf" season, so it was quiet and nice for walks on the grounds and family-type visits of just talking. There was a gym-room (don't know what it consisted of, as we did not use it). I did not see the restaurant (closed that eve, due to storm) but open the next day, my friends enjoyed it. *Perhaps a good time to note, the electricity DID stay on during the storm, for us--though we were offered flashlights, if it didn't.. :)

I would say for folks to keep in mind what your priorities are, and what is of major importance to you. It may be that this inn is made cheaper and simpler than it is displayed to be, but if the staff lives up to helping and being kind, and if your needs are met, the view of the surrounding woodsy area makes this a really nice place to visit and chat at. Keep in mind, that it is out-of-way as to "big town" excitements, and keep an even keel on life in general, and day-to-day values and such, and most likely it will be as nice for you, as it was for us. *I did NOT know what the cost was, as it was prepaid by my friends, so I can not comment on value, as to rooms, etc. or how the workmanship may be as to "cheaply done" for what you pay (as compared to other buildings).

Lastly, there was a riding stable and ?animal-petting-area, all rolled-into-one, nearby--but due to the storm, we did not get to "test it out"...
Well, hope this helps folks, in some way, if they are considering this inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank neebee-author
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Inn earlier this month before we played a round at Tullymore. The unfortunate part of playing at Tullymore is that you're stuck staying at the Inn. The golf course is in the middle of nowhere and if you want to play Tullymore... Looking back, I wish we had played our round and then continued on our trip and stayed elsewhere.

From the outside, the hotel looks very nice. However, the moment you ride the elevator (that takes forever), you know your room is going to be very old. The room and bathroom were decent sizes, but I just didn't feel that it was very clean (besides the two hairs I found in the bathtub). Part of it was probably due to the fact that the room/bathroom was in desperate need of a remodeling. For example, everytime I moved in the bathtub, there was a loud creaking noise - as if at any moment the bottom would give out.

Fortunately, the lobby did have one computer for us to use to check our email. Other than that, there was nothing else. There also really wasn't any front staff. Each time we came in/out of the hotel, there was nobody at the front desk. You had to ring a bell for them to come out. It just wasn't very welcoming.

I don't believe that Breakfast was offered at the Inn (just coffee) which was fine with us - we just wanted to check out in the morning.

I can't really recommend the hotel and if you plan to play a round of golf, I would encourage you to play the round and then stay elsewhere - at least until they remodel the entire hotel. It would be quite a drive to find another hotel, but definitely worth it. For a course that is so well known, you would think that the hotel would be of the same caliber.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JenniferLynn
Reviewed 31 July 2009

The Inn offers good clean basic accommodations. Truly set up to handle golf groups amenities in the Inn are limited. They do have a computer in the lobby for use with a small fee for service in the room. Complimentary continental breakfast at the St. Ives Club House was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple