“A Great Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanwood
The Inn at St. Ives
Ranked #2 of 2 Stanwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 December 2013

What a great vacation I had with my husband at this resort we was there for 1 week it was very relaxing the view from the window in the front room was spectacular we saw deer every day they would come very close to the window and play and eat there was ten or more each morning wild turkeys also My husband and I took walk around the resort it was beautiful with beautiful house around the lake the room we had a beautiful modern kitchen with stainless steel stove, fridge with ice maker coffeemaker and toaster wonderful dishes a great cookwares marble counter tops a dinning room a living room with great sofa and two big comfortable chairs that sit right in front of the big picture window two flat screen tv one in the front room the other in the bedroom the bedroom have a king size bed that was so comfortable you will not want to get out the bedroom was beautiful wood furniture the bathroom was great with a shower that six people could be in at one time and beautiful modern decorating I went shopping in Grand rapid and Big rapid there is restaurant in both city I was very nervous of the bad review on this resort but when I open the door of my condo I was so surprise how beautiful it was and the people at the front desk was great and you get house cleaning everyday and they was great and very nice we will be back very soon love this place

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cora

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent the weekend of 10/12 /13 at the Inn of St Ives for my husband's birthday. It really was all about the golf. I read the reviews before we arrived so I knew it was not going to be first class accommodations. I was still shocked at how outdated the rooms were. Old, musty and (in the case of the shower) dirty. UPGRADE for pete's sake.

The Golf courses themselves are AMAZING. Clubhouses are beautiful. Grounds immaculate. The food also was above average. The staff was quite helpful. But we will not stay there again. ICK.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Libbie B
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My boyfriend, his son (15) and I stayed at the Inn for one night. This was his second time staying there. The purpose for our stay was so the boys could golf the first day at Tulleymore, (the sister course to St. Ives), the afternoon of our arrival, and St. Ives the next morning.
The two courses are about 5 mi apart. The accommodations consist of The Inn and some surrounding rentals around Tulleymore.
The room we stayed was sufficient for a one or two nights stay, but i wouldn't plan on spending anymore time there. The mattress was hard and I was handed an extra towel with some sort of brownish stains on it.
My room was not available when we arrived so I had to kill 2 hrs..this resort is in the middle of nowhere, so if you don't feel like driving at least a half an hour to shop, you better like walking.
We were travelling with our dog, so I found a nature trail which follows along Tulleymore golf course a long ways.
When I went back to check in there was no one at the desk, and a lady who was a general hotel worker had to go hunt down someone to ck me in.
The boys said the golf courses were in excellent condition, but again the staff at St. Ives were inattentive.
We ate at the Inn the night of our stay and found the food very good. The next morning b'fast was included in our pkg. and it was a really nice buffet style setup with good food.
Generally, the Inn was quiet and we had a good sleep, but it is basic. I did not look at the pool area, which is in a separate building than the Inn itself.

Room Tip: we stayed on the second floor at the very end, which was not handy to the elevator, but close to the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

It is a very small resort with only probably less than 30 rooms in the entire facility (3 stories) next to a golf course. The room is old, the towels are old, the shower curtain is dirty! No free Intermet provided by the resort, thanks God we have our own. The kitchen is very small. You won't be able to prepare a full course meal for six. If you don't wash the dishes, you will be charged $50. Besides of the dish washer, there is no sponge provided for lite wash. All cookwares are stored messily, no organized. No oven is equipped. No ice maker. Coffee machine is provides but no welcome coffee set! Furniture is old and dirty. One laundry machine and dryer set is on the second floor for the entire resort. No free movie channel. Air cond is not central air. The only thing we like this resort is the room has two queen size beds, one queen size sofa pull out and one pull down queen bed. Can sleep up to eight. As a guest, yoi receive free continental breakfast for the entire stay. Hot food breakfast coats additional $6/person. Nevertheless, we feel unhappy with the quality of this resort and cut our stay short. We rather to stay at hotel for rest our trip.

P.S. the standard room costs $200, whirlpool $240, and $280 for a suite. It is not expensive to rent it as a hotel room in my opinion. Don't use your expensive timeshare to exchange this resort.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nelson W
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed in rm#104, facing the parking lot. This's our first time and definitely will be our last at this ghetto resort. We drove so far away into the wood and found this dissatisfied resort. If we weren't tired from a long drive from Berries, ON., we would turn back and search for other place else. The furniture and decor looks exactly more like a motel than a resort and looks unpleasant plus stuffy smell. The website is misleading to fool us with the pictures of their other nearby resort, The Tullymore, We would not exchanged ours with this resort if they were honest. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take a vacation or getaway here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Oui I
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I purchased a discounted stay on-line and we definitely got a great value. The inn is nice, the room was clean and had a large jacuzzi in the corner of the room. It's not luxurious but certainly very livable. There is an indoor pool, great if you get a rainy day. The highlight was the golf course. It's well maintained and in great condition. When we played we had the course to ourselves - we never had to wait and never had anyone behind us. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will come back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed in room #102, which was supposed to have a kitchenette available for us to use. THis consisted of a mini-fridge on the floor and miniature microwave stacked on top. This was obviously wasn't this type of room but modified to qualify the price. My other complaint is that there was mold in the shower, totally disgusting. Not very pleased, and won't be going back. If you want to play golf, the course is awesome, just stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jon g

Been to The Inn at St. Ives? Share your experiences!