The Inn at St. Ives
Quality Inn & Suites(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$72
US$69
US$99
US$95
Hampton Inn Big Rapids(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$98
Hampton.com
All reviewsliving roomgolf coursetwo queen bedsindoor poolst ivesthe kitchenfront deskbig rapidssmall townfree coffeelake michiganfire pitpull out sofabuilding next doordriving rangesurrounding areaparking lot
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had another wonderful stay, would go back again. World championship golf, lots if swimming and beaches for kids. Friendly and helpful staff. Great good in the area. Excellent place for a summer vacation, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Hawkhalo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I stayed here in March 2014; we were told that ice-skating was on-site along with a nice pool and fitness facility. I even confirmed this over the phone with the front desk as we made the reservation online through our timeshare exchange program. When we arrived, there was no rink, so we lugged our skating equipment along for nothing. Furthermore, the indoor pool was not attached to the hotel but was next door (not a problem), but if it's a cold, blustery day, the walk is nippy. The fitness facility was in bad shape. Some of the equipment did not work, and the "massage" table was not operating either. The room was a nice size, but there is no oven...just a stove-top, so it's not a full kitchen as advertised. We had purchased food that required an oven, so, again, that went to waste. When we wanted to go out for supper, the front desk staff sent us to a restaurant that wasn't even open. We didn't want to drive to Big Rapids, MI, but had to if we wanted to eat out. Most of Stanwood, MI, is closed in March, but the staff didn't seem to know this.

The hotel was installing new cable connections; the cable guy left pieces of cable and wires on our bedroom floors...didn't clean up after himself. We had to vacate the premises so this work could be done. When we returned with DVDs we rented from the local grocery store (not much to do with kids in March at this hotel), the DVD players would not work because the TVs are so old that you cannot have cable and a DVD player hooked up at the same time. The new DVD players they brought in didn't work either. We left after only three nights of a week-long stay because we were disappointed that what was advertised wasn't provided. My husband spoke to the manager who was going to credit us for the timeshare exchange or allow us to use a week in the summer of 2014 during golf season as we wasted an exchange week on this location; unfortunately, we've never heard from anyone at St. Ives since we left.

We had a first-floor, 2-bedroom suite. Spacious. I would recommend this place for summertime golf season, but it's not family-friendly in the off-season. They advertise activities near-by, but you have to bring your own equipment (cross-country skiing, sledding trails, etc.)...and nearby...well, you may have to drive quite a distance!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here in January 2014. Check in was easy and the rooms were nice. We were assigned a suite on the first floor. In the living room/dining room there was a 42 in flat screen TV. The cable service was not HD, but that was OK. In the bedroom, the TV was an older one and not a flat screen. In the building next door, there was a weight room and a large lap pool and a two dressing rooms. We were a little disappointed that there was no hot tub at all. Normally, when you have a pool, there is a hot tub. Everyone working at St Ives were outstanding. While there, our heater stopped working and within 15 minutes, maintenance was there and replaced a knob and had it working within about 10 minutes. Next to the flat screen was a DVR with instructions that didn't make any sense. I went to the front desk and the young lady named Alanna came to our room and discovered that the instructions were indeed bad and the DVR didn't work. She replaced it with a new one and it worked perfectly. Each morning there was a free breakfast in a large room adjacent to to the lobby. Not much there, some sweet rolls, toaster waffles, cold cereal and oatmeal packets. There was also orange juice and coffee and tea. Our room was booked for a whole week, but we ended up leaving after five days. In winter, there just isn't much going on and it was pretty boring. We did enjoy our time there, but a whole week in the winter is just a bit much.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor looking out onto the parking lot. If I had known before hand, I would of chosen the 2nd or 3rd floor looking out over the golf course. It was a much better view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jagoodbar
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We arrived on Dec. 21st, and we were having our two children and our grandchildren meet us here. We had room 117 a newly remodeled one bedroom with two queen beds, a sleeper sofa, and a Murphy bed. The living room and kitchen are open to each other with high end appliances, and furnishings. We were amazed at the beautiful place inside and out! The girls at the desk and service dept. we're all very friendly and helpful! Our second day started out our back door, and sledding the wonderful hills near and on the golf course nearby! Then on to the rec center which has a very large pool, and work out room. This building is located next to the Inn, only a short walk.
The dining area off the lobby is huge with a beautiful view of outside. Everyone we have met has been kind and helpful! We already are hoping to come back again next year same week!

Room Tip: Room 217 sleeps eight, 218 is even larger. The upstairs is in a remodeling phase, and I am sure will offer any accommodation needs for most families.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank johnsdi
Reviewed 1 December 2013

What a great vacation I had with my husband at this resort we was there for 1 week it was very relaxing the view from the window in the front room was spectacular we saw deer every day they would come very close to the window and play and eat there was ten or more each morning wild turkeys also My husband and I took walk around the resort it was beautiful with beautiful house around the lake the room we had a beautiful modern kitchen with stainless steel stove, fridge with ice maker coffeemaker and toaster wonderful dishes a great cookwares marble counter tops a dinning room a living room with great sofa and two big comfortable chairs that sit right in front of the big picture window two flat screen tv one in the front room the other in the bedroom the bedroom have a king size bed that was so comfortable you will not want to get out the bedroom was beautiful wood furniture the bathroom was great with a shower that six people could be in at one time and beautiful modern decorating I went shopping in Grand rapid and Big rapid there is restaurant in both city I was very nervous of the bad review on this resort but when I open the door of my condo I was so surprise how beautiful it was and the people at the front desk was great and you get house cleaning everyday and they was great and very nice we will be back very soon love this place

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple