“Good Deal”
Review of Stephenson Motel

Stephenson Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stephenson
Stephenson Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Stephenson B&B and Inns
Wisconsin
“Good Deal”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This place is a bit dated and worn but rather than complain about it I chose to look at it as having "rustic character". It's a cute little mom & pop place. It looks like something out of the mid-60's. If you are into retro, you'll like this place. If you like everything perfectly shiny and new you won't.

The room I had was good sized and clean, all the amenities worked. Wifi in the room is free and worked great.

Because of my schedule I had to check in rather late at night. The lady at the desk was very accommodating despite the late hour.

Parking is no problem, you park right in front of your room so you only have to carry your stuff a few feet from your car to your room. The room also has a microwave and fridge. No coffee maker so if you need your caffeine fix you'll have to go to the neighboring gas station/convenience store which is in easy walking distance.

At $45.00 per night this is a good deal. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mortimus

Couples
Solo
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I was hoping I drove into the twilight zone--surely no motel could be this dark, musty, unkempt, stagnant, and unappealing. But, alas, the Stephenson Motel, albeit DIRT cheap at $45.00 has all this to offer, and more! In Travelsmith, I have seen "sheet cocoons" for sale, to use in rooms where you might have a question about the cleanliness of the bed. How I wish I had a set. The bed spead was filthy, the sheets in need of a laundering , or, better yet, retirement.

The room was small. And very dark due to the wall covering: darkly stained pine. Maybe it was once charming, with lighter stain. The tiny bathroom was old. The wall by the shower insert (no tub), was craked and moldy. There was a small closet which contained the luggage rack and storm window, but the door was stuck shut. I could go on...too-small a/c, weak Internet... A fridge and micro were included, but no coffee maker.

After working a half-day and a 7 hour drive we felt stuck, else we would have driven an hour to civilization. I live in rural America. Being in a remote area is no excuse for what we encountered. Filth is unacceptable anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

nice clean rooms,friendly staff,walk half a block for food etc.,great pizza close by also,internet was very good,micros and fridges included,

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Greg F

Been to Stephenson Motel? Share your experiences!