“Great stay”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was great I had booked the 2 Queen room suite but they either sold out of them or something and they instead gave us two 1 Queen room suites side by side so we had the doorway open between rooms. This hotel is very clean no complaints comfortable beds my requests at the time of booking for extra towels and feather pillows were all met! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: took others advise and requested a high floor away from the road. Lakeside Mall is across the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2012

this is the 4th time my girlfriends and I have stayed here and as usual it was great. Perfect location for shopping, good rates, good service and nice rooms. Being on a budget, me and my two girlfriends always get a studio room and it is always spacious and comfortable enough for us. Our room has always been clean and in good repair. Pool is small but nice for a quick dip. They have now added a free continental breakfast which just adds to the value of staying here.

Room Tip: High floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a nice hotel in a nice location. Traveling alone, my husband always panics. And going to a new city for 2 weeks and being a bit of a health nut I need to go to a place that will allow me to cook my own meals, and give me the safety that will satisfy the husband. This hotel was just that. It is located right by a fairly nice mall; right off of the main road so it was fairly easy to find. It offered a full kitchen - not just the cook top but also an oven, a full refrigerator, microwave, and even a toaster. They offer free WiFi so I was able to FaceTime with my children at home as well. I was even able to find my fitness facility well within 5 miles from the hotel. (although the hotel does have treadmills but I never used them.) Checking in and checking out was very easy. This hotel also offers breakfast as well. (but I did not partake.) The people there were very nice. The only drawback that I could find was the walls were a bit thin. If the neighbor was a loud talker or snored loud I could hear them. But that only happened two of the 10 days I was there. So I could deal with that. Oh....and this location does offer laundry facilities - $1.00 for both washing and drying. I know that if I have to go back to this location for another class, I will go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have stayed at this Towneplace Suites many times and although some of the suites could use some updating, this place is very convient and well situated.
I have stayed in a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom, both with full kitchens includig a dishwasher.
Quiet buildings. Elevator. Breakfast is not included, but with a full kitchen, that is not an issue.
Beds are very comfortable.
Across the street from Lakeside Mall.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Snatched up a Two Room suite for New Year's Eve. $150 split 3 ways $50 a couple ain't to shabby. The staff was excellent. Phyllis at check in was great so was the morning lady but I don't have her name. Room was clean and all amenities (fridge, oven, stove, toaster, microwave) worked great. Requested Extra Feather pillows, Had 6 feather pillows on each bed!! one thing, they should always have coffee made in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2011

As a business traveler who spends a third of the year in hotels I found TownePlace Suites to be new, inexpensive ($79), clean and located within walking distance from a large, nice, mall. Also close by are restaurants ranging from McDonald's, Stake and Shake and the mall food court to fine dine-in establishments. The suites consisted of a full kitchen including dish washer, garbage disposal and microwave. The bathrooms are large and TV's are new flat screens. There is a very minimal cold breakfast served in the small lobby area in the office. The breakfast is not good making it necessary to get something from McDonald's or Steak and Shake and the only thing I would consider less than ideal. Each hotel unit has three floors and has elevators and stairs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We're Canadian and my teen daughters wanted to spend Thanksgiving shopping. My son surprised us by coming along too. Garth G., at the front desk, quickly upgraded our room to accommodate my son. Very minor issues e.g. burned out lightbulb in kitchenette. Ample fluffy clean towels but the kids disliked them as they didn't dry--skin still felt wet after showering (Hint: don't use fabric softener on towels or they won't be absorbent). Warning to those with allergies: staff will happily swap out feather pillows & comforters for non-allergenic ones but PETS are allowed!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor if you don't like hearing footsteps from rooms above
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#4 of 7 in Utica
5 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica

Been to TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!