“Excellent Location”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The neighborhood is fantastic. Everything is within 1/2 mile from the hotel. It is a long drive to Detroit, about 35 minutes. We only needed to go to Warren, so this was fine. Spacious rooms, wonderful staff. Beds were excellent, good water pressure, Continental Breakfast was lame.

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom suite. Very worth the extra $10
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Harbor Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 26 April 2013

As a premier elite Marriott Rewards member, I have stayed at numerous Marriott facilities throughout the US, both short term and long term stay. They are generally excellent choices, and this particular hotel is no exception. Although my wife and I stayed only one night, it was a better value than a room at a short term stay hotel. The studio suite was well equipped, with a full refrigerator, electric range, large flat panel TV, a very comfortable bed, and a pleasant and helpful staff. Wi-Fi is complimentary, fast, and easy to connect. There is also an indoor swimming pool and a well-equipped workout room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We recently stayed at TownePlace Suites when in the area for an overnight shopping trip. I would highly recommend the hotel for its location. You can easily walk to Lakeside mall.
There is a Costco across the road and Olive Garden on the mall ring road. Everything we needed was easily accessible.

The rooms were quite nice and the hotel was quiet. The full kitchen was a bonus as we were able to bring back food after shopping to prepare in our room. The wifi is free and the breakfast was adequate.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DWM927
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

I decided to try this place after usually staying at a competitor nearby. It was slightly cheaper than the competitor at that time of booking. Well, TownePlace Suites is also step down in facilities. The good news was even though I booked a studio, they were all gone and I was upgraded to a 2bdrm. It had a good amount of space, a full kitchen, flat screens with basic furnishings and fixtures. The bad news was that shortly after i checked in a family checked in across the hall where everyone -mom,
Dad, kids - was screaming at 1am.

I decided then that I would leave the next day. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. The location is good. If I needed a lot of space for not a lot of money I would stay there. If you don't need a full kitchen or a proper suite, they are better options.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank denany
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have stayed this hotel numerous times over the past 10 years, and I've always found it to be clean and accommodating. I always receive an upgrade if it's available. On several occasions, staff has gone out of their way to help. A few years ago, I had a dead battery and one of the housekeepers helped me with a jump start. Additionally, it's located in a great area adjacent to a nice shopping mall and many restaurants. I will actually be staying there again next week.

Room Tip: Building 1 is the main building with the hotel reception. If you are in building two, you will need...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not know that this was a pet-friendly hotel but there was no sign of pet hair or odor. The rooms were laid out well, however the bathroom could be a bit larger for a suite that sleeps 6. The only issue I had with this room is the random splatter marks on doors, walls, cupboards, etc. Most were easily wiped off so I assume this is just an oversight with the cleaning staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Sapporo, Hokkaido
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 9 nights at Christmas time. The rooms were clean even though they only do a major cleaning on Sundays. We were on the third floor at the rear facing the pond, so the only noise we heard was the geese. The complimentary breakfast was adequate for us since it was about the same as we eat at home. Six choices of dry cereal, packets of instant oatmeal, muffins, bananas, apples, milk, and yoghurt. The yoghurt was sweetened with aspartame, which I am allergic to, so I couldn't eat that, but it was okay for the other 3 family members. Coffee and cocoa packets were also available. We could take the breakfasts back to our room, so that was convenient, too, since the lobby breakfast area is quite small. Location is excellent for shopping and dining. The best thing was we could have family time in the living room when our son and daughter-in-law came over enjoying drinks and take-out meals from the many restaurants and food shops in the vicinity.

We would stay here again when come back to Michigan for a visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank miharashi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#4 of 7 in Sterling Heights

Been to TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!