“Home away from home”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stay here a couple times a month, and find it very relaxing. Location to my work, huge choice of resturants and shopping (for those who like to do that). The staff here are marlevous. Greeted with smiles all the time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My girlfriends and I go on a weekend shopping trip every year and for the last 3 years we have stayed here. The service is always exceptional, the rooms clean, tidy and comfortable and location is excellent. This stay was no exception. We were upgraded to a 2bdrm suite from a studio, wonderful surprise. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Front desk clerks were very friendly and always greeted you with a smile and hello. Location can't be beat. Walking distance to Lakeside Mall and numerous restaurants and shops within the circle. Less than 10 minute drive to Partridge Creek Mall. The breakfast is average but gives you something to get the day started. At one time they did not even offer breakfast so I am glad they now have at least a continental breakfast to offer. We will definitely be staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Take the stairs, they are 10x quicker than the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel was horrible! I have stayed in many hotels and this was by far my worst stay yet! The walls are so thin! You can hear other people's conversation next door. The breakfast was so bad. Everything was expired! We let the desk clerk know and they put the same breakfast out the next day!!!! The hotel needs some updating. The area is nice and close to the mall.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank jtravel670
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I wanted to have a reclining chair. The one I had was broken, I got another one that was "too stiff", but they finally got me one that was much more confortable and I really and truly appreciate that.

Room Tip: I was shown 4 different rooms until I found the one I liked.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The neighborhood is fantastic. Everything is within 1/2 mile from the hotel. It is a long drive to Detroit, about 35 minutes. We only needed to go to Warren, so this was fine. Spacious rooms, wonderful staff. Beds were excellent, good water pressure, Continental Breakfast was lame.

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom suite. Very worth the extra $10
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2013

As a premier elite Marriott Rewards member, I have stayed at numerous Marriott facilities throughout the US, both short term and long term stay. They are generally excellent choices, and this particular hotel is no exception. Although my wife and I stayed only one night, it was a better value than a room at a short term stay hotel. The studio suite was well equipped, with a full refrigerator, electric range, large flat panel TV, a very comfortable bed, and a pleasant and helpful staff. Wi-Fi is complimentary, fast, and easy to connect. There is also an indoor swimming pool and a well-equipped workout room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We recently stayed at TownePlace Suites when in the area for an overnight shopping trip. I would highly recommend the hotel for its location. You can easily walk to Lakeside mall.
There is a Costco across the road and Olive Garden on the mall ring road. Everything we needed was easily accessible.

The rooms were quite nice and the hotel was quiet. The full kitchen was a bonus as we were able to bring back food after shopping to prepare in our room. The wifi is free and the breakfast was adequate.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DWM927
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
5 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#4 of 7 in Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica

Been to TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!