“Getting a little tired and housekeeping could be improved.”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
Halifax, Canada
“Getting a little tired and housekeeping could be improved.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have stayed a couple of TownPlace properties in the last year and they are all starting to show their age. This one even more so. There were stains on the furniture and our room appeared to have not been vacuumed. I mentioned this in the morning and they were kind enough to give us a few extra points for our troubles but at the end of the day I would sooner a clean more modern hotel. I understand Marriott is in the process of upgrading some older TownPlace hotels and this one is scheduled for the near future. I hope they keep the same reasonable prices.

It is very close to lots of shopping. Off the main road on a little lake. Nice property.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jeremy S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I have contacted the housekeeping department regarding your concerns. We will take the appropriate action to resolve your issue for future guests. We are truly proud of our hotel and location. I am pleased to inform you that we are scheduled to receive a renovation in the near future. I hope you will visit us again when we have had our update.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. It was ok. When I left I got an extra $50.00 fee for housekeeping. No way to fight it, no way for them to tell me why. The only think was my fiancé surprised me with rose petals that could be vacuumed up I even left the cleaning lady a $10.00 tip as I knew she would have to vacuum them up. I went out of my way to bag the garbage up, put towels in a pile, I ran the dishes through dishwasher, so because they had to vacuum which they should have to do anyways I got charged $50.00. I am very unhappy about this and will not be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather C
Jeremy S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your input Heather. We do not make a habit of adding "extras" to any guests bill. Only in extreme circumstances would we resort to an extra fee for cleaning. Small items such as rose petals or confetti cannot be picked up with a vacuum. We actually have to manually remove each and every item by hand or broom. This process adds a great deal of time to the cleaning of our guest rooms. We pride ourselves in our cleaniness standards that guests expect out of a Marriott hotel. I apologize for an inconveniece this may have caused.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel needs updating. Well used. Beds are doubles. Very small room. Comforter had red stains on it. Complained at desk and they didn't,t seem concerned. Gave me another one! Was so glad when morning arrived to get out of there. The walk away breakfast was junk food. Did not feel safe in the parking lot. It is very close to Lakeside Mall. Hwy near by is very busy and hard to get on and off. Having a fully equipped kitchenette would. Be good for a longer stay than one night.q

Room Tip: Ask for a queen bed room or a suite if you want more room. Check the covers and sheets when you arri...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gayle M
Jeremy S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you so much for your response Gayle. We truly do use the information gained from our reviews to improve the quality of services and amenities that we provide to all of our guests. I have informed the necessary departments of your concerns, and we are acting on that information. We take pride in our property and can assure you this property is extremely safe. We have the luxury of sharing a parking lot with Lakeside Mall. This provides added security as the mall has their very own security patrols. Our guests do thoroughly enjoy having a full kitchen for short and extended stays. Thank you again for the feedback Gayle. I hope you will try us again in the future.
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was in the sterling heights area , several weeks for business purposes, and stayed long term
at the TownePlace Suites as it was convenient to all major routes, Detroit Arsenal, and DAU. This facility is also on Hall Road, near shopping and restaurants. Hall Road is a few miles long, and just PACKED with places to eat, and places to shop. If you are from Boston you will find lot's of familiar eating venues (IHOP, Outback Steakhouse, Red robin, Dunkin Donuts, Ruby Tuesday's, etc.,) all in one area. My room at the Towne Place was the basic studio, but was excellent! It had an L shaped desk, with places to store both above and beside the desk. It had a sofa bed, coffee table, end table and chair. It had an efficiency kitchen with an oven, stove, sink, refrigerator, and the cabinets were full of dishes and cooking pots and pans. One queen size bed with two nightstands. The room was nicely laid out, compact but not crowded. What a great place to stay for business. There was breakfast offered, Basically just fruit and cereal. surprisingly limited for such a high end hotel. Outside pool was small. There is no room service offered, but you can take the breakfast back to your room. would highly recommend this TownePlace Suites if you need to stay in the area long term. Great place for DOD travelers as the per diem rate is applicable.
The other great feature is that this location is in a very safe area. Definitely high end.
CONS: Breakfast was disappointing, work out room is basically a closet with a couple of treadmills, pool is small even for kids.
Bottom line fantastic place to stay and very reasonable.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor as it can be very noisy. If you are from New England and desperate fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ZMANN2014
PENNSYLVANIA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were in Michigan to purchase a boat, and the seller suggested we stay at the TownePlace Suites as it was on Hall Road, near shopping and restaurants. Hall Road is a few miles long, and just PACKED with places to eat, and places to shop. Our room at the Towne Place was excellent! It had an L shaped desk, with places to store both above and beside the desk. It had a sofa bed, coffee table, end table and chair. It had an efficiency kitchen with an oven, stove, sink, refrigerator, and the cabinets were full of dishes and cooking pots and pans. Oh, and of course it had a queen size bed with two nightstands. The room was nicely laid out, compact but not crowded. What a great place to stay. There was breakfast offered, and an outside pool. There is no room service offered, but you can take the breakfast back to your room. would highly recommend this TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Perry, Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We just stayed Saturday June 14th 2014 in a 2 bedroom suite. There ended up only being my husband and I and our 14 yr old daughter. The room was excellent, clean and very comfortable. We relaxed by the pool and had plenty of choices for evening activities in the area. We didn't make it to the breakfast in the morning because we over slept. But that was because of the great night we had. Also there was fruit infused water both days at the front desk that was wonderful. Staff was also very nice.We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Excellent location for shopping, eating out or in. The kitchen was equipped for all your needs including a dish washer, t towels ,dish detergent. We had one of the best nights sleep...the pillows were like marshmallows. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica

Been to TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!