“Computer Desk, Large Sitting Area, Kitchen, Comfy Bed”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
Reviewed 1 October 2010

This is a nice suite hotel, clean, but more for the business or extended stay traveler I believe. Small reception desk in lobby, nothing fancy, but was greeted warmly by the staff. There is a coffee station in the morning. Outdoor pool looked nice but small. My room was spacious with a large desk, a queen bed, sofa and chair, surprisingly small TV, kitchen area with refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. Great for long term stays. Large closet too. I was happy with my room, no complaints. Staff was extremely nice. Geared toward the business traveler, no restaurant, but walk to the neighboring Lakeside Mall for Panera Bread and a food court. Driving distance to a multitude of restaurants!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights

Reviewed 20 September 2010

This was my first stay in a Townhouse Suites by Marriott, and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were a bit too high, though.

We had four rooms booked here for a family event. The check-in procedure was simple and hassle free. The rooms were OK, certainly adequate but not great. I appreciated the blackout curtains which fully blocked out all of the light without leaving a "rim" of light around the edges. My room #130 was WAY too cold upon arrival so I had to turn the heat on. Then it was too warm. An hour's fiddling with the thermostat finally got it comfortable.

No widescreen TV set here, just an old-fashioned tube set and a small one at that, probably was a 17 inch cathode ray tube TV. I was a bit surprised at that because the hotel seems to be fairly new. The place was sleep-friendly quiet at night but the bed was not very comfortable. I woke up repeatedly through the night because of that.

There's no breakfast at this hotel, just coffee service in the lobby. There are also coffee makers in the rooms. The coffee in our room 130 was OK, but in my sister's room it was absolutely undrinkable. She thought there were cleaning chemicals in the brew, probably from a carafe that was not rinsed completely after cleaning.

There were not enough electrical outlets at the bedside table for the table lamp and the radio plus a charger for other equipment, but there were enough outlets elsewhere in the room to charge the cell phone and the computer. I still needed to unplug the bedside radio in order to provide plug space for needed medical equipment. These days at least three plugs should be at each side of the bed if not four. Two just isn't enough.

The wi-fi service provided a good connection and it was free. I didn't try the outdoor swimming pool but it looked clean and well-maintained. It was very small, however, and it would not have been sufficient for lap type swimming.

For the price of $89, I think it was a reasonable hotel. I j ust expected more from the Marriott chain.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Room was clean and ready at 2:30, The woman who checked us in was very polite and friendly. We had a Suite, Queen w/ couch pullout. Full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, fully stocked dishes, etc. Comfortable bed, nice carpeting, windows open for a nice breeze. The only Problem that I see is if you need some time in the room to relax and watch TV, it is terrible. Our room had a 19 inch Phillips tube TV. They want you to rent movies of play the video games and who would waste their money on a tv that size. My only complaint.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We came to town for a funeral and had to stay to take care of my father's affairs so the full kitchens made it easy to contain costs. The staff was so kind and thoughtful during this difficult time for our family. One even drove our late arriving son to the funeral home and wouldn't accept a tip. Besides the room being spotless, the whole hotel was well maintained. The fact that it is located right next to the mall and a gazillion restaurants made it even better!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2009

This is a great motel. Very clean, and well stocked. The bed and pillows were the greatest. The kitchen was well equipped and the shower had lots of hot water and water pressure. The staff was very friendly. My daughter and I stayed there for 2 nights, and the room was cleaned and the coffee was restocked . The room smelled wonderful, such a clean light scent. Check in and check out was smooth and flawless.
This motel is a short walk across the parking lot and into the Lakeside Mall. Much more shopping and many restaraunts nearby.
I will definately stay here again...no question. At $89 a night for a studio room is very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a shopping trip. The entire hotel was very clean. Our room was spotless. We were in a studio suite which included queen bed, pull out couch, kitchen area - stove/oven, full sized fridge, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher. Dish soap and dishwasher detergent supplied. As stated by the previous poster the room was not cleaned on a daily basis but this is because it is an extended stay hotel and therefore daily cleaning service is not supplied, although we had our garbage emptied and towels replaced the second day. I don't believe any hotel changes the bed linens on a daily basis! We are not messy people and if we do make a mess we clean it up so our room would not have required daily cleaning anyway. They have a small exercise room that was also very clean and had a water cooler and fresh towels in there. The only complaint we had was that the floors/ceilings are not well noise proofed - either that or we had a heard of elephants in the room above us. We could hear every step they took! We would certainly stay in that hotel again if we were to return to Sterling Heights or Utica but on the third floor. I would rate this hotel at least 3.5 not 2.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jtdl
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Stayed there for 3 weeks and the floors are dirty, they do not change the sheets all the time ( if lucky once a week),can't get towels refreshed everyday( if you want new towels everyday you have to get it your self)This was the worst experenice ever,just to dirty for my family and the kids.Please review before staying there.But if you don't care about being clean it is great because across from the mall.We had to change hotel because of my son had issues with a bleeding nose because of the dirt there..Moved to a new hotel where you can get breakfast everyday and 3 days out of a week you can get dinner too (all included with your stay)! But the most important thing is that they clean EVERYDAY! Thank GoD for STAYBRIDGE SUITES.... the kids don't have any issues at this place...

Stayed: September 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica

Been to TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!