“Great place to stay in the Sterling Heights area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Smithtown, New York
“Great place to stay in the Sterling Heights area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

Great hotel, good breakfast, nice people. Shopping and restaurants very close by make for an easy business stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed here when we brought our granddaughter back home after spending a week with us in Pittsburgh. The staff could not have been more helpful. From Maria at the wonderful free breakfast, to Alice the housekeeper, to Sara at the front desk, they could not do enough for you. And I loved the breakfast bag they gave you if you did not have time to eat breakfast. We had our granddaughter stay with us the first day of school and she was so nervous that she only ate a little breakfast, thus we gave he a breakfast bag to enjoy at break time when the butterflies left her tummy. This is an extremely clean Hampton Inn. The manager Denise was quite helpful when I had problems at the business center. You can tell she treats her employees with respect because they treat the customers with the same grace and respect.. This was our first time staying at this Hampton Inn and we will be back John and Connie Bacha, Pittsburgh, Pa

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
southern ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed here for a soccer tournament in St. Clair shores. Nice and close and clean! Nice staff. Directly next to a big Meijer which is conveinient.

• Stayed August 2011
Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel about 4 times while in the area to visit family. It is a fine hotel. Clean rooms and friendly service. I just got back from another viist and can't belive how well I slept. The bed, pillows and comforter were all very, very comforttable. I recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank NadineTheQueen
Superior, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

We do lots of traveling for work and have fine-tuned what we look for in lodging properties. I've gotten spoiled by big comfy beds with quality bedding, this is one of the top things on the list when choosing lodging; so much so that I don't mind paying a little more to be sure that I have that - which we did not have to at the Hampton. Location is the next priority, we want something in a safe area (which this seemes to be) with a restaurant/lounge either on site or close. There is not a restaurant or lounge in the hotel and I didn't find anything online nearby (we prefer walking distance so we can enjoy a cocktail or 2 and not have to worry about driving), but when I called the hotel and asked - the person at the desk recomended a place just a couple blocks away, and as it turned out the place had good food and a fun atmosphere.
The room was very spacious, comfortable and clean - with that nice comfy bed that I've come to expect from Hampton.
I made a number of calls to the front desk for various reasons at odd hours - I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty certain I'm kind of a pest, but never once was made to feel that way (I do always ask nice & am very appreciative of help of course). The staff was very friendly and helpful each time I spoke to anyone.
The stay wasn't necessarily outstanding, only overnight basically just eat, sleep, a little work in the morning and on our way because it was a business trip- but I will certainly go back to stay whether it's business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Detroit
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

The room and bed were fine. By the parking lot it was obvious that the hotel was not close to capacity. For some reason the desk clerk decided to put me in room 300 which was as far from the lobby as you could get. The clerk also decided it was a great idea to call to see if I was happy with the room. This was about 15 minutes into a much needed nap before tending to business.

Upon my return to the hotel, needing sleep in the worst way, I find a constant roar which seemed to be coming from a roof top mounted heating/cooling/circulation system mounted above my room.

I am sure they would have moved me closer to the lobby if I had made a request. I also think they would have changed my room upon my discovery of the roar from the rooftop. I was tired, actually exhausted. The staff should have known of the problems and never offered that room until all others were filled, and then only with a warning of the location and noise.

I often stay at Hamptons when only looking for a place to crash and find them in general to be very comfortable

Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank atlas750
Akron
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

We stayed at this hotel February 2011 for one night and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is a newer three level hotel with a nice reception area and a large eating area for the continental breakfast that is served every morning. The room and bathroom was newer and very clean and well kept. The beds were a little stiff but the pillows and blankets were comfy. The room even had a little refrigerator which is very convenient. The only thing we did not like about the room was the noisy heater/air conditioner which was just too loud. Overall, it was a nice stay, though.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank honestreviews40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!