“Comfort at Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Comfort at Extended Stay”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The accommodations are good and I am very pleased with the room and housekeeping. Nice hotel in the area close to shops, restaurants and many of the engineering companies which is great for me being a worker I don't have to drive far for work. Overall everthing you can ask for at a great rate. I would definitely recommend it for short or long term stays.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay with us in Sterling Heights, Michigan. I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I'm happy to hear the location worked out so well. We are happy to have you as our guest. Thank you for your business and your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Santa Barbara
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The accommodations were excellent, I was very pleased to have a full kitchen to prepare my meals. The room was very clean and comfortable, The staff was awesome, one staffer lent me her own personal DVD player so I could prepare for upcoming training sessions. Very impressive. I could definitely have stayed there longer than the five nights I was there. Residents and guests were very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for your positive review about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide excellent customer service, which is why it is so rewarding to hear your comments about the staff. I am so proud of the person who lent you their personal DVD player; that is the type of service our company is all about!

We appreciate you staying at our hotel, and hope you will stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Lincoln Park, MI
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Let me start off by complimenting the staff at ESA-Sterling Heights! Thank you all for making our stay easy, comfortable, and enjoyable. I had to book a room because my girlfriend was getting out of the hospital and need a place that was easy to maneuver with her walker. Our house is small. I decided on ESA because I've been to the one in Roseville, MI and Savannah, GA and was treated very well. Each time I have stayed in an ESA I've stayed roughly a month. This time in Sterling Heights it was no different. Christi took my reservation and met all the needs I asked for. I was able to get my girlfriend through a rehab program and get her walking again thanks to ESA! Christi, Thomas, Muriel, and Brittney were all very helpful in getting us what we needed. Yes, the elevator went out, but was only down for 6 hours and it was during the night. (I saw this in a negative review) The maintenance person, Tom, informed me of a leak in the rear of my vehicle. Very Helpful! The front desk does close at night, but there is ALWAYS someone there. All you have to do is call or knock on the window that closes off the area. There were only two pillows, yes. (I've seen this complaint in the reviews as well!) I know many people who have worked for hotels and I know the troubles of people stealing pillows, towels, and bedding. It's a fact of the business. I wasn't able to receive extra pillows, but there is a Wal-Mart across the street that is open 24 hours. They are as cheap as 5 bucks. There is a full kitchen and large bathroom there. The kitchen is stocked with a fridge, two burner stove, microwave, and all the utensils needed for cooking! There is a reason this is called Extended Stay America. It is for people to stay for extended periods. The rates are low and the environment is clean. While I was there, they did an annual a/c cleaning. I will always recommend this hotel! I can't say enough about the staff and the stay! I wish I could say more, but words aren't enough! Thank you, guys!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms in this hotel are excellent!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review of your stay with us. I hope your girlfriend is doing well. I really appreciate all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel, amenities and staff. It’s great to hear that it all worked out for you. We strive for great customer service and it looks like we delivered here.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about the staff at Extended stay here in Sterling Hts. I am a professional traveller and work in the customer service field. I have never presented a need to Christi or Thomas (Manni) that has gone unfulfilled. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that asked me, and especially to someone unfamiliar to the area, and/or someone who is unsatisfied with their experience elsewhere in this vicinity.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. The staff and I truly appreciate your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. It is extremely rewarding to hear that we were able to provide you with 100% satisfaction, and that Christi and Thomas took such great care of you.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations in the future. Once more, thank you for your post.
Flat Rock, Michigan
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel to spend one night, while in town for a wedding. The price was low, and the front desk clerk was very nice, but the hotel left a LOT to be desired! Upon arrival, we were walking down the hallway to our room and happened to look up at the ceiling. There were 2 spots where something had leaked, and there was MOLD on the ceiling tiles-GROSS!!! Our room appeared to be clean, the a/c was on high and the room was nice and cool but smelled faintly of smoke, and the hotel chain claims to be completely smoke-free. When we returned from our evening out, the front doors of the hotel were locked and had a handwritten note saying that the keypad was broken, please use side door. That would be fine, except we did not know where the side door was...After walking around the building the not so clearly visible door was found. As we walked through the hotel, we noticed that the front desk was closed. It would have been nice to have been informed of this also. And then we noticed a handwritten sign on the elevator that said: ELEVATOR BROKE, YOU STAIRS!!! Yes, you read that right, you stairs...OMG...Upon returning to our room, the smell of smoke was overwhelming! The bed was hard as a rock, and only had 2 pillows on it. We would've liked extras, but there was no one to ask...I realize the nightly rate is low, and you get what you pay for, but this was pretty bad. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stayinghome18
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and are very sorry we did not live up to that promise in terms of your stay.

I appreciate you bringing your concerns and experiences to our attention as it only makes us better. As a result of this, I have spoken with the entire staff to ensure we handle maintenance issues like broken doors and elevators in a professional and helpful manner. We are a non-smoking hotel and state, so this was addressed as well.

Once again, from the staff and me, we are very sorry your stay with us was unenjoyable. As we have corrected these issues, I do hope you will give our hotel another try or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The place is not bad for a one or two night when you prefer to cook simple meals and use a fridge. Service was not bad, I was uograded to a King when they found out someone made a mistake to took my queen room. The room was hugh and not bad, but it need to be painted and do a better job when cleaning.

Room Tip: Dont go there if, or your partnet, too picky!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Detroit - Sterling Heights. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Bellaire
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was going to leave a 1 or 2 star but after the place I stayed at last night, I realized this place was a bit better then I thought. We checked in, went to our room and I was pretty surprised right when we walked in the door at how bright the room was (love that). You walk into the kitchen area first and it seemed big and clean. Smile faded a bit when I saw the bed... it just looked dated, with the typical 1990's comforter. We hung out in the room for a while and I notice some cigarette ash on the floor next to the bed, good to know the rooms were vacuumed so well. I went to go take a shower and there was no shampoo... I sent my boyfriend down to go get some for me and I guess you can buy it from a vending machine, a little 1 time package for $2! The towel in the room had a long black hair in it- gross. Our sink in the kitchen leaked like crazy. Only a few available channels on the TV. We needed more pillows and went down to get them and the front desk area was closed... we had no idea they closed for the night. We were able to find someone who worked there and asked and there were no more pillows.... That kinda stinks. As far as I know there was no breakfast, no amenities, no extras.. besides a decent room for the money,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Detroit - Sterling Heights. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!