Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
US$151
US$138
US$130
Orbitz.com
Comfort Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
ComfortInn
US$119
Hyatt.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$119
La Quinta
All reviewsextra pillowsice trayshouse keepingnice hotelfaizwalmartesafreezerfacilityemployees
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Muriel was friendly and courteous as well as the other team members it was a pleasant stay during my relocation to Michigan. I will recommend extended stay to friends and family who are looking for a room that feels like a small version of home.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the courteous nature of Muriel and the rest of our staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel not a long time. The cleaning stuff didn't do a good job at all. First after I checked in to the hotel, I got a room that wasn't cleaned at all after somebody who was there before. So I had to go and ask for another room. Another room was clean, but after my sink broke, I had to ask 4 times to get it fixed. Another time I came back to my room and there were towels laying on the floor in the middle of the room.
Heaters were very loud.
But there were no noises from outside of the hotel. On the other side of the street there's wallmart opened 24h a day. These are only good points.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay at this place try not to choose cold days because otherwise loud heater will turn on quite often - and it's really loud.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. It upsets me to hear that you had housekeeping and cleanliness issues during your stay. I am sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working with our Housekeeping Team to ensure all rooms are up to our company's standards. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at dsh@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was impressed by this hotel. First time at Extended Stay actually. I liked the service, setup, quality, and everything else. Service staff was a mix though. At first, met with Thomson at the desk. I presented my AAA membership to him (scanned on my iPhone) and he refused to consider it. I argued that I don't carry a lot of my cards with me on travel and scanning them on iPhone is convenience, I also showed him my driver's license, credits, health cards, all on my iphone. His argument was that I don't trust you, he said I need the physical card. His tone was unprofessional and arrogant. I gave up on arguing with him and took the room anyway. Then I met Muriel the next day, and she was totally the opposite; she was quiet professional, spoke softly and intelligently, and I can tell that she has experience dealing with customers. First she apologized for what happened the day before, then she looked at the scanned card carefully to make sure it's legit, then adjusted the paper work. I also told her that I can go to the nearest AAA office and get a copy of my membership, she said there's no need. The discount did not matter to me as much as feeling trusted as a customer. I did not look like a hill billy or raggedy; I'm a senior engineering manager at a large company, besides, faking a AAA card requires a lot of work to get a $2 discount per day. Muriel also helped me with other services, she personally brought me what I needed and made social conversations and made sure I'm content. There was also Tom, who was very friendly with professionalism and integrity. Overall, my experience was good. I'd come again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Ross - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the quality and comfort of your stay; however, we apologize that you had issues at check-in and with your AAA discount. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the guest service representative who did not extend the AAA discount to you, to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I am a LTG at sterling heights 14 mile & Van Dyke, Stephen & Thomas provide an atmosphere that makes me feel at home. Provide service with dependability and laughter. They are the best ! I recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys service but also like to feel like family, it is nice to feel like you belong and someone cares. Stephen & Thomas, provide this to myself, as well, the other guests.

Room Tip: I prefer the corner room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Donna - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the atmosphere at our hotel and the way our staff treated you, especially Steven and Thomas. I am also glad you felt at home while at our hotel.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to your continued patronage in the future!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a newly renovated hotel
TV also changed all the latest models, so you can send a good time
Can at any time when you want to wash
When asked to clean up the floor cleaner helps clean
You can cook the food you want to eat the food can be eaten at any time
Muriel and Makk very friendly especially gave guidance
Detroit also comfortable and safe during your visit will be a haven

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay has been pleasant and you received great service from our staff. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.