“Home away from home”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Love the full size fridge. Good shopping good eats and close to expressway for commuting . I really like the idea of the entrance to the room is on the inside of the building versus the exterior gives me a much better sense of security . The grab and go breakfast is also a great idea coffe and a muffin or granola bar I usually don't eat in the mornings just coffee can't believe the difference something in your stomach makes to start your day . The rooms were cleaned every week and cleaned well refreshed the toilet paper and towels and bedding . One week they goofed and cleaned my room 2 days in a row . I've been living out of motels for 2 years now . The wife got the house lol. So I've been in many different places . It's quiet here I've had no problems with my car in the parking lot they have decent size parking spaces so your not cramed into a space worried about door dings from ypur neighbor. Also like the flat screen tv. Most budget oriented places still have old school tvs

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so happy to know that our hotel, amenities, and staff have worked out so well for you during your stay. I have shared your comments with the entire staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have been staying with this hotel for the past 4 months, and have seen enough to know that this is a great choice for lodging. Everything from the staff (especially Muriel...maybe you've seen her name once or twice), to the house cleaning staff (such as Clarence), make my stay as comfortable as possible. I would really recommend this location to anyone interested in a long-term solution for their stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Jim - The team and I appreciate your friendly remarks. I'm thrilled that your long term stay has been pleasant and comfortable. I have shared your comments about Muriel and Clarence with them, and they appreciate the recognition.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We found the rooms to be very clean and spacious. Staff is very friendly and exceeded in making our stay very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Michigan. We would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

1 Thank Chele1234
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our rooms, the comfort of your stay, and the great service we all provided to you during your stay. I am proud of our team for exceeding your expectations.

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Good Price for this hotel on streling heights. Staff is really sympatic. Breakfast is easy but not enough choice if you stay during a long periode. Kitchen on the room is clean and you have all you need. Climatisation and fridge is a little bit noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank simon r
Simon - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you were disturbed by noise from the A/C and refrigerator in your room. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and our friendly staff.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay over the summer. A couple of noisy tenants here and there but staying for three months I expected that. My job calls for me to complete a lot of paperwork when I get to the hotel which I was able to do without distractions.The staff at the front desk was able to answer all my questions and even point me in the direction of events and activities associated with the city. Housekeeping was friendly and exceeded my expectations every time. Across the street is a Walmart for all general needs as well as cracker barrel, TGIF, and a Lebanese restaurant.I haven't had any complaints and would stay here again if my job ever brings me back to sterling heights.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Arthur W
Arthur - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and you were treated kindly by our guest service representatives. As well, I am glad that you liked our location and all of the activities that were happening during your stay.

Tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Filthy carpets . Noisy tenants. I called the front desk a few times. i found put that different parties were in the room above during my stay. so my upstairs neighbors wereNt really being excessively noisy, it's just that the ceilings were thin and you could hear everything. i needed an extra blanket. asked the front desk. they didnt have one. Not one extra blanket! a/c is old style in the wall. either was freezing or hot in room. Felt like I was in a tenement hall. Upside- Muriel at the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Marlo - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am so disappointed that you were disturbed by noises throughout your stay, our staff did not attend to your needs properly and that your room was unclean. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had your room deep cleaned and have spoken with the staff on how to provide better customer service as well as how to handle noise complaints properly to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dsh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a little over a week and have enjoyed my stay immensely. I travel often and have in a lot of hotels and I will say the staff at the Extended Stay America- Sterling Heights is second to none. From Mark, Muriel, Steve, the whole housekeeping crew all the way to Tom the maintenance guy!!!! The hotel is clean, friendly and safe. Every employee is friendly and welcoming to the point of being able to chit chat when you walk through about your day theirs or just to see if everything is going ok. I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it truly is a home away from home experience. Keep up the great work guys and I will be back!!!!!!! They treated me with respect and make you feel welcome they even took time to play with my dog and ask how she is. A true class act guys thank you!!!

-steve the (mixed martial artist)

Room Tip: They do not have a pool nor restaurant but I didn't want to leave it blank they are centrally lo...