Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsextra pillowsice trayshouse keepingnice hotelfaizwalmartesafreezerfacilityemployees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Maybe my expectations were too high. I was hopeful that the $25 lower rate wouldn't translate into much of a difference compared to a slightly more expensive hotel, especially with all the positive reviews of this hotel. I should have taken pics to demonstrate and support this review. I stayed on a Friday night (late July) and the noise level of the guests was fine, although walls and doors didn't do much to quiet the movement of people around the floor. There are MANY areas of the hotel that just needs more attentions when cleaning! Corners and edges of floors everywhere in the hotel have dark dirt build up showing a lack of cleaning for long periods of time (if ever). In room, generally did not feel anything was really all that clean. Smells of "used to be" smoking room, burn marks of furniture, old sink with bad crack repair attempt, wrinked carpet over flooring with dips and holes in subfloor, painted over lifting and cracking in prior water damaged corner of room, stained sheets, and more stuff just not feeling clean. Didn't want to take of my shoes. Towels were the thin sand paper kind. Flat and weak pillows.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am very sorry that your room was unclean and had a slight odor. As well, I apologize that you were disturbed by noises throughout the night. In response to this feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning and deodorizing procedures. I will also work with the entire staff to enhance our action plan when handling noise complaints so other guests are not affected by this issue in the future.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dsh@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Very nice hotel clean rooms easy access to the stores in the area.Staff is very nice and professional .Muriel at front desk always has a smile on her face always willing to help.Great hotel would come back to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a terrific stay with us and thank you for your comments.

I'm so pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean, and our staff professional. We strive to create a warm feeling "Home away from home" environment for each of our guests!

Once again, thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great hotel. Very clean and the staff is very helpful and always cheerful. Lots of stores in the area, easy access to get to. Muriel at the front desk always has a smile on her face and a terrific good morning. Good place to bring a family to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

The team and I appreciate your warm remarks. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our front desk staff, especially Muriel. I am glad you found our location convenient to stores, and entertainment in the area.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My name is Cantave Casseus Room # 305, I was pleased by the way I was welcome and Treated by the front desk associate name Muriel. I am glad to refer someone to this hotel and love to come back again to this hotel anytime I am in this area and take this hotel as my favorite hotel because of the warm welcome I receive by Muriel. I would like to thank her for her generous and her enthusiasts of finding the best way to welcome someone in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hi Cantave,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you felt welcomed and were treated well by our staff. We strive to give you a "Home Away From Home" when you are travelling on the road and it sounds like we were able to do just that for you. I have shared your kind words with Muriel and the rest of our staff. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future!

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

The stay new manager lacks people and managerial skills that enable him to deal with customers. I stayed there for 9 months, the staff was nice and helpful before he showed up. I will make sure that I spread the word around about this change.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that you found the staff unprofessional and less helpful than before. To uphold our company's high standards, we will work with every staff member to help them become model employees encompassing all of Extended Stay America's values moving forward.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dsh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.