Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Wapakoneta, Ohio
“Awesome Stay!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My Husband and I stayed here for 1 week and it was so nice!! I knew the minute we pulled up that it was going to be a nice place. The Staff here take pride in the property. The staff are so friendly and helpful, not to mention how friendly the "Extended Stay Folks" are too ;)
Our room was very clean and smelled great! The full kitchen was a life saver too!!
For Folks that spend a great deal of time traveling...You make it alot easier on us ;)
Just a HUGE Thank You to ALL the Staff here @ our Extended Stay America....Keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: Walmart is right across the street, you are back off the road & have plenty of restaurants to ch...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Robin – Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly during your stay with us. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed your clean room and your fully equipped kitchen. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The staff on duty was not properly trained to handle emergencies, stepping outside to have a cigarette you have to avoid the MANY piles of dog feces outside the entryways. Although free with options to pay for better services, the WIFI is slow.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CKelley110
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, my team is reviewing emergency procedures as well as sweeping the grounds more often to ensure the outside of our hotel is clean and welcoming.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dsh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Toni was a breath of fresh air every morning. Entire staff was great! Location was great, shopping center center right across the street. This was my second visit and I definitly will be back. Tom the maitance is a great guy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Mike - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with Toni, Tom, and the rest of our staff. Furthermore, I am pleased to know that you found our location and amenities to be convenient for your needs.

Plover, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Extended Stay America in Sterling Heights (near Detroit) is a quite acceptable place to stay considering the price per evening. The rooms are clean and tidy, but if you want to wash the dishes they provide, I suggest you bring your own dish detergent as the substance provided isn't great.

Room Tip: I suggest using Priceline for better prices.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so happy to know that you found our hotel to be so comfortable and your room to be clean. I am sorry that we do not provide detergent, but thank you for making the suggestion. We will look into providing this amenity to our guests in the future.

London, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We always have a great stay. The location is great, not over priced and the front desk staff is very helpful and accommodating. This time our front desk staff was Toni, Mark and training was Aaron. Our trips are usually for a shopping weekend therefore having the full size fridge and kitchenette is perfect. We have one fur baby that travels with us and it is awesome that she is as welcome as well are! See you in December ;-)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Lisa- I appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. I am proud of our team for making you feel you have a "Home away from home" when you travel down for your shopping trips. Your "Fur Baby" is always welcome!

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in December.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Nice hotel. Probably stay again. Maybe one day the hotel will considered hot breakfast. Even when traveler come they can wash their clothes for free. Make tubs for handicapped people alittle bigger. The hotel team was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations we provided, and felt comfortable staying with us. Thank you for the kind comment about our staff.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I Loved this hotel! Booked this room on priceline for a pretty good rate (very good considering it's right in the middle of Michigan). The location was perfect, it was only two blocks away from the BAE Systems where I worked for almost 3 months there.
It's a very nice hotel. Free wi-fi. Clean. Quiet. The staff was super friendly and easy to work with. Especially, there was a front desk lady (Muriel) was super nice to me every morning.
Overall, I was highly satisfied with my stay in Extended Stay. I've already even recommended it to our families. I can for sure say that I will go back to this hotel again the next time we go back for another trip.

Room Tip: third floor is quieter offcourse...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Tron- Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff and facilities helped you feel you had a "Home away from home." I have shared your kind words with the staff, especially Muriel. I am also happy we were located conveniently to your place of business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!