“The type of pplz U choose to help the guest”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Reviewed 28 April 2014

#1 Toni was rite on top of every concern my fellow travelers had! Not only was that person making the guest smile also co-workers! plz pat Toni on the back, (and give a raise) Nathan was rite on top fixin coffee! 4 me one day (he was doin his job well!) Lachiae was cleanin this place and 4 a small girl she pushed a big cart! and did it well! (she should B told your doin god job! and a bit of a raise!) Tom just has that kind personality that makes Me feel welcome! he does not need a raise just a pat on back! Thomas would not mind a raise, he does git the job done...he has to deal with the "later guests" ones who come in afta the bars close...that's a tough job! and he does it well!. I work for Chartwells a company that is service industry...I tripled the profits in 3 months, B cause I hired the rite pplz 4 the job! I am on break B cause that job is at the University and though I was given a stipein I wounder what to do 4 next 2 months? I do not work 4 $ I work 4 experience. I think if you continue to hire the Best all will profit! I just saw your front desk pplz take great care of a tenant, he was angry at first but then walked away with a smile! I would like to also critique the lay out of the accommodations, (like the shower placement?) But I choose to stay here and I am glad ya had me! My email is tlkfrank@yahoo.com I know I will leave ya with this.....you all make these travelers feel at home and for some darn reason I do not want to leave? (srry one more quick critique .I am a smoker and smoke them ciggies,there should B a place like back door with a picknit table or bench I follow "house rules" and no matta where I go I do not want my cigarette smoke goin in to lungs that do not smoke! but if the guests smoke in front door only?) just sayin there should B a place 4 smokers only! ( I am sure you do not want your guests to B offended at front door) But if they walk in and Toni smiles they feel warm! THNX 4 my stay! I look 4 ward 2 a response!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week, and it was horrible! My room was on the third floor which constantly reeks of pot and cigarette smoke. The first room I was given was dirty and had trash on the counters, the new room they gave me seemed to be clean. There are people wandering the halls day and night being disruptive and loud, and dogs barking from rooms.

While staying in this hotel I was 32 weeks pregnant and was bitten by another guest's dog, and management didn't seem to care! The only good thing I have to say about this hotel is that Thomas (he works at the front desk) was very, very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda5478
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Amanda - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise levels and the level of cleanliness in your room. As well, I’m sorry to hear that our level of customer service did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dsh2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Room was not clean. and room amanity was very basic. Trash under the bed. There was not any hanger and I called to front desk and asked it but he did not anything. Kitchen cabinets & Drawers were dirty. I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of customer service and the cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at, dsh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

*Carpet is filthy and had large burned marks.

*Trash under the bed

*Trash on the pull out couch

*The ONE dresser they have was dirty. All the drawers were NOT cleaned. I could NOT put clean clothes in there.

*Kitchen cabinets & Drawers were dirty. No point on having a kitchen when it is filthy. You can see the black spider webs hanging on top of the fridge.

*Bed – had one sheet to cover the NASTY mattress. The sheet was so small that it kept coming off and we could see the nasty stains on the mattress. Stains of pee and poop….. NO JOKE.

*Walls had dirty stain especially in the bathroom.

*Every time we asked for clean towels….. they would give us ONE and ask for the dirty ones. One day when we called for clean towel they did not have any and said they would call us to get some when they were ready. 2.5 hours later I go downstairs and demanded a full set of towels…. He claimed the LAND LINE phone call dropped and that is why he did not call back. Let me mention that the clean towels had hair on them most of the time. Made me puke.

*I felt I was being punished for having a dog by staying in this hotel. I could NOT keep my children here due to the filthiness’. My daughter got a big spider bite the first night there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff and the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with the staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at, dsh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I would recommend that the hotel owner do renovations to this hotel before giving a 2 star rating. The star rating should be more like a 1/2 star or 1 star. My husband and I stayed here for a weekend and the first room we were given had no headboard for the bed, and the towels and linen were dirty. The knobs for the tub and shower were broken. We were then moved to a different room. It was a little better, but not anything to brag about. The hotel staff was accommodating and also apologized for inconveniences. However, the hotel needs to be renovated and cleaned.

Room Tip: Request a remodeled room with new or clean linen linen.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Sally – The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that the cleanliness and condition of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Being at away on business all day...it makes sense to get a hotel close to to business but still reasonable in price. For the price I rate this hotel 5 stars...
No complaints here...the staff make it a friendly/convenient place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sprogk
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with a friendly, convenient stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you again for your kind remarks. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here recently while apartment hunting in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a decent size, and comfortable. There was a little bit of rust and a few marks on the walls, but I don't think of that as a big deal. I slept well, and overall enjoyed my stay. Should the need arise I would certainly stay here again. My only complaint was the limited numbed of TV stations to choose from, but I still was able to find something to watch when I wanted.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that the television stations we offer did not meet your expectations. Still, we are excited to know that we were able to provide you with friendly service and a spacious, comfortable room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#4 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Warren
Candlewood Suites Detroit/Warren
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!