“No housekeeping services” 2 of 5 bubbles

Knights Inn Detroit Area / Sterling Heights
Michigan
“No housekeeping services”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

For the third consecutive year, my husband stayed at this Knights Inn over a weekend because he was attending an event nearby. The first year his room wasn't cleaned after the first night. The second year the same thing happened! This year, when he checked in he specifically told the desk staff that he had been there twice previously and his room had not been cleaned either time. Excuses were made, such as, "Did you leave something on the bed?" "Were you in the room during the time the housekeeper would have been available to clean your room?" Answering no to both questions, he was assured that this would not happen again this time. Well, guess what? Returning to his room after his first overnight, and having been away all day, once again nobody had been in the room to do even the most basic housekeeping. Wastebaskets were not emptied, towels were not replaced, of course the bed not made, nothing. When this happened before, we thought the housekeeper must have been confused. A second time, quite a coincidence to get no service on two different stays. Three times, we now believe this is the policy of this motel - no housekeeping services are done, period. Ridiculous!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

My stay was horrible. Remote didnt work, sink with cigarette burns, urine smelled rooms, found blonde hair in my sheets(and we are brunettes), the bugs....oh the bugs...omygod...thee bugs. I only had my night clothes and next day clothes in the room in a backpack. I left it in that room. Thank God there was a burlington coat factory across the street and other hotels around. I checked out. No apologies. THAT PLACE NEED TO BE LEVELED!!! Its infested.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank BriteEyedGirl

Travellers are raving about these Sterling Heights hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

My heat went out in my house on the coldest night in February. I specifically told them I needed heat for me and two children. When I got to the room at 12am, the room was cold and smelled like urine. they gave us another room. At 3:45am, my child woke up to bed bugs on her bed. she gave us $1.00 to dry them from thier raggedy dryer from the 1960's. We switched rooms again and we all couldnt caught cancer from second hand cigarette smoke seeping from the walls. THEY HAVE BED BUGS! Unless you like insects, dont bother. You can take them home.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank MsTruIndeed
Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have been reading the reviews regarding this motel. I really don't agree with any of them. My wife and I were in this area this past weekend and we rnted a room there for one night June 29th. 2012. Unlike the comments from previous people we experienced a lot different ime there. Here is a run down of our visit.

Hotel Room : Very clean - I would give it a rate of above good.
Management : very helpful and very polite.
Staff : Very fiendly and helpful.
We never experienced any problems with this motel and we would certainly stay there again if in that area and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank James W
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel last night, we had a room with 2 double beds in however one bed was not made fully (the pillows were on the table and there was no duvet) and the other bed had a dirty base sheet.

Everything in this room needed replacing. The toilet constantly made a noise of running water through the night, the bathroom door didn't shut properly, the carpet looked dirty, the bed sheets had cigarette holes in them (despite being in a non smoking room), you could hear noise from the road, and each car that went by.

When checking out the man asked if we had a good stay, i replied with no not really the one bed was dirty and the other wasn't made, he didn't reply while he was on the computer but then he said Oh sorry about that. And that was it.

Needless to say, between the constant running of the toilet and the car noises, neither of us got much sleep at all!

Room Tip: choose elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Clinton Township, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I frequently stay in this hotel only because I have a very limited budget and travel to the area often. The rooms always smell funky. All of the couches I've seen are nasty and torn; I will not sit on them. Most of the floors are cracked under or through the carpet. Furnishings vary by room. Several times, my room has not been cleaned between nights of multi-night stays. Bathroom fixtures typically have some sort of problem. I have stayed in many cheap/budget/economy motels and this one is consistently among the least impressive.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a "good room" in this facility (so far that I have discovered)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank David W
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

After one night at this hotel, I should have asked for my money back and found another! We had paid for two nights. The following morning around 11:00 AM we were asked to leave. When I inquired about this, I was told we had only paid for one night. After an hour of explaining the situation and showing my recipt. The manager finally agreed. Later that evening around 7:00 PM the same thing happened. Only this time they booked new people into the room and insisted that we leave. Another hour of explaining to the now manager on duty and we were finaly able to stay. I cant imagine what the problem was when it looks like the front of this place is occupied by street people and people looking to party. Shortly after departure I caontacted the corporate office. They were not much help at all. I did not ask for any reimbursement or stay vochures but they acted like it was no big deal. When I mentioned that I will NEVER stay at another Knights Inn anywhere. They simply said okay that is your choice. The management was rude. They hardly spoke English. The room was dirty and most off all we did not feel safe. I would not recomend anyone to stay at this establishment.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DDUB_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#3 of 6 in Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#2 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Days Inn & Suites Warren

Been to Knights Inn Detroit Area / Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!