Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Findlay, Ohio
“Gross”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I travel to this area monthly for work. I usually stay at the Candlewood Suites next door to this Baymont location. This time, I figured I would save the company a little money and try out the Baymont (Baymont's Priceline rate of $63 vs. Candlewood's corporate rate of $73). Big mistake.

Both hotels are listed as 2 stars on Priceline, but Candlewood is a much cleaner property. The Baymont is very dirty--stained sheets, stained pillow cases, all 8 pillows in two different rooms I stayed in were extensively sweat-stained underneath the pillow cases. The hotel smells. The wallpaper is peeling. The old drop ceiling with the flourescent lighting and brown carpet in the hallways is super dated and depressing (the off smell adds to the sense of depression). Both of my rooms had crumbs in the desk chairs, both had hair on the bathroom floors.

The Baymont offers a free continental breakfast while Candlewood does not, BUT the breakfast is pretty spartan. I grabbed a yogurt, but I ended up tossing it when I discovered that the lid was already open.

The best thing about Baymont is the desk staff; they don't present well (they look like a bunch of auto mechanics with dirty, untucked uniform shirts and stained, chipped name tags), but they are pleasant and helpful. I don't fault them for management taking exceptionally poor care of this property.

For me, paying the extra $10 to stay at Candlewood (or Comfort Suites for that matter) is totally worth it for my future travel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Stevensville
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This site needs a lot of work. Wall paper falling off in my room, my mothers room, dining area and hall. When checking into my room I stepped on something "sticky", I went right out to the desk and told the attendant, he sent a girl to look who said wow we aren't to miss things like this. We will have to shampoo the rug---expecting me to get out of the room when the hotel was booked? The next day I went to the new attendant and told him and he looked too. The towel bars in my mothers room 109 fell apart when she took the towel off. why is a small fridge covering up the mirror. The auto setting on the air conditioner doesn't work and we had to move the temp u and down to get it to come on and off. I had to ask someone to empty the garbage at breakfast so more could go in...I will not stay in this again. you charge an outrageous price and it looks like a dump.....Doesn't anyone from the corporation check on the hotels or service? No garbage liner, No laundry bag left in my room 112. tiny things that really add to someone's stay. Please fix the pillows, they are lumpy...and put an extra blanket in the drawer---

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Travellers are raving about these Stevensville hotels

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This is one fine place to stay. I found it very clean, comfortable, quiet, and in a good location. You will find one Resturant in walking distance. The front desk clerk, Robert was very friendly.

Cost is fair compared to other hotels in the area.

Stayed June 2014
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked this room to have a fridge and microwave. Canceled after the first day to move to a cheaper room elsewhere. Bed was good. Breakfast was OK. Did like that they had "french toast" for the toaster. People were slightly above average. Public areas were small. Probably wouldn't stay here again unless I could get a deal. Would give 2.5 if possible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Super 8 Stevensville
Super 8 Stevensville
#4 of 6 in Stevensville
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville? Share your experiences!