“Gambler”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Saint Joseph
“Gambler”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

What happens when I stay at a low cost hotel? Answer: you will be surprised. My room was by the pool and was large, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for my visit. When paying little it is always a gamble for what I could get, this time it paid off.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, 18 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad that we surprised you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Skeptic about cheaper hotels they don't usually mount to much but this was very surprising. Great customer service. Rooms were way more than expected. Beds were very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again if I was in the area. Impressed.

• Stayed December 2013
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Super 8 Stevensville. It is always nice to hear that we got it "right". We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have NEVER stayed anywhere more disgusting! I can't believe this place is still in business. My kids cried when we walked into our room and immediately covered their noses from the musty smoke smell that poured out as you open the door! They even asked if they could sleep in our van! We were in town for a tournament and couldn't stay anywhere else due to no rooms available. This hotel looks like something out of law and order, like a no tell motel. The room is beyond dirty and it is very outdated and just plain GROSS!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for letting us know that we did not meet your expectations. I would have liked to have had the opportunity to correct the deficiencies you found with the stay if I had been given the opportunity. As of February 2014 we have completed all room renovations and if you try us again I believe you would be pleased with the outcome.

Travellers are raving about these Stevensville hotels

Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I am quite disappointed given this is a Super 8 chain. The beds were very uncomfortable with thin older bedding. The bedding smelled musty to me. The bed creaked and the mattress sunk in the middle. I paid over $80 a night for this hotel. Not worth it!! The only reason I stayed there was because I was running a half marathon in a town close by otherwise I would have left.

On a positive level the pool was clean and people seemed to be enjoying it. As well there are many delicious wineries about 15 minutes away that one can enjoy. Therefore the location is ideal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that you were not pleased with your stay. We were aware of some issues with the comfort of some of the rooms and have corrected them during the renovation that was completed in February 2014. If you try us again I am sure you will be pleased as we have new furniture, drapes, wall coverings and carpets in all rooms now.
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We made the reservations on Expedia.com and what a mistake it was! This hotel is filthy, falling apart, noisy and ...need I say more? Their walls are paper thin and you could hear (and feeling the door slamming if your head was resting against the bed wall) everything going on next door. The bathroom fan was hanging off the wall, the tub faucet was dripping relentlessly (brown hard water stains indicating it's been leaking a long while), hair and grime on the bathroom floor... it's "redeeming" factor was that it had fairly new looking carpet. The beds were like hammocks and if it weren't so late when we arrived, we wouldn't have stayed! We left the next morning knowing that we would not receive any money back because "it was done through Expedia." We found a much better hotel for our remaining nights in the area.

Room Tip: If booking online, I would take my time and review all the details and real people reviews, be very...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay and even sorrier that you chose to leave without giving us an opportunity to correct the problem.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#1 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Super 8 Stevensville? Share your experiences!