“WOW !!! o.c.d. clean !”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Downers Grove, Illinois
“WOW !!! o.c.d. clean !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I've never seen a cleaner room and bathroom. Cleaner than a hospital, heck, cleaner than OUR house! (And my wife is obsessive compulsive about cleaning.) I dropped some of my scrambled eggs on the bathroom floor and had no qualms about putting them back on my plate. Just kidding, but I would have thought about it.
My wife and I stayed two nights, with her sister in the adjoining room. Her sister is a physician who travels often, attending conferences, seminars, and giving lectures. I asked her the next morning if she felt the same way we did. She agreed 100% . She had never stayed in a Comfort Suites before, and exclaimed that in the future she will definitely seek them out.
Speaking of scrambled eggs, I was expecting the usual muffins, cereal, milk and o.j. Instead, I got a hot breakfast buffet. Items too many to list. I tipped the nice lady in attendance because I felt like I was in a restaurant. She was so attentive at keeping everything in tip-top shape, yet always staying in the background. All the staff was very friendly, genuinely!
The workout room got my sister-in-law started in the morning; coffee for me. We didn't use the pool, but it looked as clean as everything else, and the people we did see using it sure seemed to be having a good time.
I guess we'll visit the area again in the future just to be able to stay HERE again.

p.s. I'm not affiliated with the chain or any personnel. It really IS a great place !

Room Tip: Our room was on opposite side of highway , very quiet .
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bruce C
Cindy S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are glad that we could make you comfortable.

We look forward to serving you in the future.
Warm Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lake Forest Park, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location on our way east and were pleasantly surprised. The staff was amazing, well informed, cheerful and friendly. Our room was quiet, clean and in good shape. This was our first experience with this chain, not a high end place, but very affordable and much more than we expected. Comfortable bed, free WiFi and just pleasant.

Standard type of complimentary breakfast as you find at comparable chains. Nothing fancy, but if you want something basic, it's a nice add on.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Nice, quiet hotel off of I-90. Could hear some of the traffic from our room, but not bad. Clean, good breakfast. Nice lobby. Good spa and pool area with kids. Updated rooms. Nice. They called me to let me know I left behind an item. I'd stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Loved the 2 king bed, 2 level room. Room was very clean, and very spacious. Perfect room for a couple with teen children along. 2nd floor gives everyone their own space. The beds were comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The refrigerator and microwave came in handy. We will definitely stay here again when driving through on our way upstate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary O
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I am a very frequent traveler to the area and have been in most of the area hotels. But my place of first choice is the Comfort Suites at Stevensville. The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely courteous.They serve good quality breakfast in the morning. I may have stayed in most of the rooms in the hotel in the last six months and did not have a single occasion to complain. I see a lot of families coming to the hotel and I am sure they are having a good time as well. The pool, Jacuzzi and the gym are all clean and functional.
Overall, a very good hotel for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions. The first was March 2008 as a couple, the second was August 2011 as a family of four, and the third and most recent was November 2013. There is an obvious reason we keep returning to the hotel ... it is great! The rooms are clean, breakfast is free with a large selection of hot and cold choices, the staff is friendly, there is a small exercise room that offers a True Treadmill and True Elliptical and a compact weight training cable system.
We first choice this hotel in 2008 as a weekend romantic getaway for the Southwestern Wine trail. It is a minutes from I-94 and you can get to all the wineries very easily from here. The second visit was a stop over on our way back home from Chicago with the kids. We went to the Warren Sand Dunes and up to St. Joseph. The third visit was again a weekend to do wine trails. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Southwest Michigan.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Very Nice Place To Stay Very Clean Rooms Great Staff Rooms Are Very Big Went Wine tasting With A Group Of Friends We Will Remember This Place Next Time And there Will Be a Next Time !!!!!! Breakfast Was Out Of This World Always Hot And Lots Of Food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville

Been to Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville? Share your experiences!