“Home away from home.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
SWMichigan
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms are nice, they have family rooms, there is a pool, and family rooms. The location is nice as you can run out to Meijer for last minute things, and there are lots of food options nearby. It is a good place to stay if you have business in the area, or are just getting away to see some of the harbor country in Berrien County.

Room Tip: the family room we got was really great. We overlooked the north side.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SusanSWMichigan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I loved this hotel. Great value and quality. I stayed two nights for business in a King suite

Great:
-Entire room was remodeled and updated to a modern feel.
-Customer service was great the whole time I stayed.
-Room and hotel was very clean.

Good:
-Breakfast was pretty diverse. Eggs, cereal, mufffins, ect.
-Room size was spaceous
-Right next to several good food locations

Bad:
-Main curtains can't close all the way. I was on the first floor so the outside lights shined right in the room.
-Iron in the room was a bit dated.
-The showers/jacuzzis around the room could be heard.

Overall my stay was good and I would definitely recommend here!

Room Tip: Not on the first floor next to the spot lights. Light will shine into the room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed at this chain hotel with a group. From the receptionist staff to the breakfast room staff, everyone was very friendly. The room was recently renovated and spacious- two queen beds with a pull-out loveseat and very clean. Firm, comfortable mattress with plenty of pillows to choose from. Complimentary breakfast offers cereals, waffles, scrambled eggs, breads, pastries, coffee, juice, yogurt. Reasonable rate and high quality for the stay at this chain hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WeLoveOurVacations
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Not only was our room sparkling clean but the staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family in a second and we will definitely stop here again if we are in this area. I didn't give it all 5 points only because the shower is whimpy like most hotel showers, there were only two ice machines in a three floor hotel and one of them was out of order and the vending machines in the area with the working ice machine were out of order. These were not deal breakers. Simply minor inconveniences. Overall, a comfortable, clean, friendly place.

Room Tip: first and third floor have ice machines.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I've never seen a cleaner room and bathroom. Cleaner than a hospital, heck, cleaner than OUR house! (And my wife is obsessive compulsive about cleaning.) I dropped some of my scrambled eggs on the bathroom floor and had no qualms about putting them back on my plate. Just kidding, but I would have thought about it.
My wife and I stayed two nights, with her sister in the adjoining room. Her sister is a physician who travels often, attending conferences, seminars, and giving lectures. I asked her the next morning if she felt the same way we did. She agreed 100% . She had never stayed in a Comfort Suites before, and exclaimed that in the future she will definitely seek them out.
Speaking of scrambled eggs, I was expecting the usual muffins, cereal, milk and o.j. Instead, I got a hot breakfast buffet. Items too many to list. I tipped the nice lady in attendance because I felt like I was in a restaurant. She was so attentive at keeping everything in tip-top shape, yet always staying in the background. All the staff was very friendly, genuinely!
The workout room got my sister-in-law started in the morning; coffee for me. We didn't use the pool, but it looked as clean as everything else, and the people we did see using it sure seemed to be having a good time.
I guess we'll visit the area again in the future just to be able to stay HERE again.

p.s. I'm not affiliated with the chain or any personnel. It really IS a great place !

Room Tip: Our room was on opposite side of highway , very quiet .
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bruce C
Cindy S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are glad that we could make you comfortable.

We look forward to serving you in the future.
Warm Regards,
Lake Forest Park, Washington
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location on our way east and were pleasantly surprised. The staff was amazing, well informed, cheerful and friendly. Our room was quiet, clean and in good shape. This was our first experience with this chain, not a high end place, but very affordable and much more than we expected. Comfortable bed, free WiFi and just pleasant.

Standard type of complimentary breakfast as you find at comparable chains. Nothing fancy, but if you want something basic, it's a nice add on.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Nice, quiet hotel off of I-90. Could hear some of the traffic from our room, but not bad. Clean, good breakfast. Nice lobby. Good spa and pool area with kids. Updated rooms. Nice. They called me to let me know I left behind an item. I'd stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville? Share your experiences!