“Stayed a month for work”

Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for a month for work. Very convienent location for a short drive to work. And close to grocery stores and some restaurants. I rate it average, the bed was very comfartable, and loved having the kitchen setup and full refridgerator. Room was clean when I checked it. Was told I would get houskeeping once a week, well in the first week they came 2 times, and I never seen them again. I never said anything to have it done but felt I shouldn't have had to. So I just dealt with it. The staff was stationed behind a wall, and alot of times u had to call while u were at the front desk to get them to come out and assist you. Certain workers came out before and others didn't. THey also have 2 grills out on the patio area for use, which was very cool and convienent. I would stay here again for the convienence for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear JoshBny,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am pleased you liked our location as well as our hotel amenities. However, we are sorry you found some aspects of our hotel staff service less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 September 2013

To the employee and or the patron that decided it was okay to remove them money out of my wristlet that was left on the check out counter in the AM Of 9-01-13 i hope karma gets you back in the worse way! It isn't like the money was just laying out without an owner, it was in the zipper of the wristlet that had my identification in it so you know damn well it had an owner! How this was taken while laying on the counter is beyond me but personally i hope when you get to meet your maker one day he recalls the act of stealing and meanness. I am a single mother that has raised my four kids for the past 13 years without having to steal or live off the government! It is called WORK FOR YOUR OWN MONEY! instead you take it from innocent victims what really sucks about this is the money you stole from me was to pay for my son's car insurance so he can drive to his JOB to make his OWN money something you apparently dont feel you need to do you just go around stealing! Seriously with i could be there when you spend your eternity in the walls of hell for the way you choose to live. Just because someone mistakenly leaves something doesn't give you the right to take it upon yourself to take! personally i belive it had to be the clerk at the counter since it was left laying right on the counter and there wasn't anyone behind us checking out! But either way who ever it was i hope you suffer the consequences of being a petty thief and i hope it happens to you only i hope you lose everything not just insurance money!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear corina m,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We needed a room very quickly and this was about the 10th hotel in this area I called and the first with any vacancies. If we return to this area, it will be the first hotel I call! The rooms were very large and comfortable and though we didn't need a kitchen for an overnite, it was very well stocked. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever had in any accomendations. I was also pleased with the price compared to other places in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed overnight at the Candlewood Suites in Stevensville, Michigan on a trip to the Chicago area. This was our first stay. . .and we are returning again next week. The room was very clean, the hotel was neat and the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. We needed some ice for our cooler but had forgotten to turn on the icemaker in our room. The young woman at the front desk was kind enough to give us a partial bag of ice she had in her cooler. Wow! This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I was here for 10 days and had no problems. Room was large and comfortable. Flat screen TV's with Direct TV and HBO. Kitchen was well furnished with pots & pans. Knives were a little dull but that's not a bad thing. Would recommend if you're in the area for more than a few days

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Spent 8 days at this hotel property while on location for work. The rooms are clean and efficient with full refrigerator, stove top, microwave, sink. The only thing I would update is a bigger coffee pot. The 4 cup is too small for an extended stay. Laundry facilities onsite (free to guests), convenient store with essentials for purchase, exercise room, hot tub. Directly behind Cracker Barrel and close to gas stations, groceries and other restaurants. Safe area for parking. I would book this property again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel this summer. Good location for anyone visiting St Joseph/sliver beach/lake Michigan. Like all Candlewood suites hotels 1 bedroom suites are very large and have a full kitchen and sitting area. A lot of space for a little price. Hotel painted, added flat screen TV's and cleaned up the rooms last year. Front desk staff including manager Frank and staff member Crimson are excellent. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and the two of them are among the best anywhere! Overall, good value, good location, good staff. Only problem: 2 of the 4 times my room smelled like smoke even though the hotel is 100% nonsmoking. Staff tried to assist but there is a limit to how well you can quickly get rid of that smell.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ghwmi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!