“Stay away from the traffic, literally!”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
U.S.
“Stay away from the traffic, literally!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed there with my family of 4 for 2 nights to attend a wedding. Everything was clean and the decor inside the room was elegant. The breakfast was sufficient, and there were plenty of both hot and cold items. Either the booking site or the hotel messed up with my reservation b/c we're given a king's room. After a phone call and a switch of keys at the front desk we're given a double queen room without any hassle. The problem is, now we're on the other side of the hotel where we're facing the highway. That's where the big downside came in. Even with double-layered windows we could still hear the traffic. The sound proof was bad. But our family was still able to sleep without any problem. For anyone who is sensitive to noise at night you need to make sure that you pick a room that is away from the traffic. Other than that we're very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway and choose the ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HKoldtimer
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with the noise. I am happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, we look forward to seeing you next time when we can get you on the non highway side of the hotel. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had the need to stay in Stevensville, MI and the Hampton Inn was great. Close to gas stations and Meijers store for shopping. Food nearby. Clean rooms, friendly staff, easy check-in and breakfast was excellent. Overall stay was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Michael F
Thank you so much for the excellent review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.
St Clair Shores, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I went to visit some of the local wineries, this hotel was perfectly located between the two main wine areas and served as a great half way point. Waking up to a hot breakfast was great. We had a nice room which included a mini fridge allowing us to keep our food items chilled over night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Victoria W
Thank you Victoria for the review. We are glad to hear you were able to visit some of the local wineries while you were in the area. We look forward to serving you on your next visit.
Bridgman
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although we live in the area, we stayed here for two nights when there was a widespread power outage. The hotel was understandably crowded but the front desk staff handled the surge in customers with efficiency. Our room was comfortable and quiet, and the breakfast better than average. The lobby area was inviting. This was near Easter time, and one evening we brought our grandchildren over to swim in the pool. A staff member offered them candy from an Easter basket that was filled to the brim. They, of course, thought this was wonderful!

Room Tip: Rooms away from I-94 are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HamptonGRAirport, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you Maggie for the great review! Our staff want every guests stay to be as enjoyable as possible and I am happy to hear this was your experience. We look forward to your next visit!
Sterling, IL
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Hampton was very conveniently located for my activities. The room was quite comfortable and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food at the breakfast was not as good as food I have experienced at other Hamptons. I did not think it was possible to ruin oatmeal, but they managed. An interstate highway behind the hotel and my room faced this highway. I could hear the noise, especially from trucks. It was not unbearable, but at times it was annoying. There was a restaurant next door and a grocery stores across the room. A number of restaurants and fast food locations were within a few minutes drive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Jim D
Hello Jim!

Thank you for the review. We are happy you enjoyed our location and the staff interaction. We will share your comments with the team. Thank you also for your comments regarding the breakfast, we will look into this and make sure we take the correct steps to ensure this is corrected. We look forward to your next visit!
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay! It was so nice and we wish we could have stayed in the area longer than one night. The staff was very nice and accommodating to our needs of checking in an hour earlier. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the lobby was very inviting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Amanda S
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for this fantastic review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Dexter, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Make sure you get a room on the other side of the building or you will be up all night like we were. Staff was not ready with a room when we arrived at Noon. Apparently 3:00pm check-in is a hard and fast rule.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry you experienced noise during your stay and were not able to get a early check in. We want to make sure every guest stay is enjoyable. If you would like to discuss this further please give us a call.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!