“As the saying goes....”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sturgis
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
“As the saying goes....”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

You get what you pay for...stayed for 4 days...did not get room cleaned one time. The water smells like rotten eggs. The whole place is outdated and they have a pool that holds green water. They are pet friendly and the absolute cheapest place in town...just don't expect anything. I can say that I am glad to be going back to my camper...people across the hall had dogs that they left in the room all day while they went to work and like clockwork every morning I was woken up by a screaming puppy...5:30 am!!! When we brought it to the attention of the front desk, they had the people come get the dog but the very next morning was the same story. People like that make it hard for good dog owners to get hotel rooms...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else....
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ford1665

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Room was dirty. Shower smelled like a wet dog. Maybe it was just our room. we stay in budget motels a sozen or more times a year, all over the country and have not experienced anything this bad before. Disgusting.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MetroWest52

Travellers are raving about these Sturgis hotels

Reviewed 23 June 2011

I found this motel on Trip Advisor. The reviews sounded ok and so I decided to give it a try since it was close to where we wanted to be. This motel was just ok. It was very clean but in need of a complete update as everything was many years old. I wouldn't choose this motel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ll63
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I stay here frequently. I own my own business and travel throughout the region. The rooms are large and comfortable. Internet access and desk allows me to do work at night. The decor is dated, but the rooms are clean. The manager is very friendly and is available if you need anything. The pool has just been re-done. The bottom line is you can certainly find places more luxurious, but if you're looking for a clean, safe place at a fraction of the cost, you won't find anything to beat it in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank akascootman
Spring Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Owners are friendly and accomodating. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good wireless internet included free.

The rate is fantastic. Look, if you want a newly decorated room with an indoor pool, exercise room, and breakfast, then stay next door and pay $99 per night. I'd rather stay here and save $60 per night.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 August 2009

For the second trip needing an overnight stay off of the Indiana Turnpike this summer, we decided to pull in rather than spend 4 more hours on the road and push it to home after a long day of travel. Since I was here with a friend earlier this summer, I recommended this hotel to my husband.

My family was very pleasantly surprised. The value for the room was great. It was easy to plan an overnight stay at the $50 rate by using the internet coupon--we didn't need to show the coupon, just asked for the internet rate. My husband remarked that the room was exceptionally clean, and "smelled really clean". On the front end of our vacation, we stayed in the Pittsburgh area at a Marriott hotel, and this room was cleaner and certainly more easy to unload our suitcases and overnight gear from the car parked directly outside of our door. It cost $90 less a night and was at least twice the size!

Even though the hotel is on a busy road, the room noise was minimal. It was easy to spot off of the freeway.

Let's say we will plan to be back again on our travels to and through the area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Argyle
Reviewed 16 August 2008

This was a one night stay while driving across the country. The motel was close to the highway. We arrived late at night and left early in the morning, so it was "OK". The room was very large and reasonably clean. The shower was not the best, but "OK". There are absolutely no frills-just a bed and shower!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Hampton Inn Sturgis-Lagrange Area
Super 8 Howe
Super 8 Howe
#3 of 4 in Howe
Holiday Inn Express Howe

Been to American Inn Sturgis? Share your experiences!