“You get what you pay for”

American Inn Sturgis
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sturgis
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here with a group. Rooms were dirty. Walls were filthy, bathrooms moldy, shower curtain moldy. Stains on sheets. The manager gave us clean sheets, but did not believe that they were stained. Far from being clean.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LynnF124

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a bike event last year (2012) and we were very pleased. When we checked in this year the clerk advised that a new owner was taking over that very day. I swear we were being filmed for either comedy or horror footage. The room was never cleaned. We never got clean linens. There was trash and empty beer cans on all the walkways. We never even saw a staff member after we checked in. AWFUL!!

Room Tip: Helpful tip? Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Pam R
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It's older and a bit rundown, but clean and the rooms are huge. We have stayed at this hotel several times after ND games and I would recommend it. The only complaint I had this time was that there was no hot water in the shower. This is the only time I've experiences a problem like that at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Rebecca R
Reviewed 2 July 2013

You get what you pay for...stayed for 4 days...did not get room cleaned one time. The water smells like rotten eggs. The whole place is outdated and they have a pool that holds green water. They are pet friendly and the absolute cheapest place in town...just don't expect anything. I can say that I am glad to be going back to my camper...people across the hall had dogs that they left in the room all day while they went to work and like clockwork every morning I was woken up by a screaming puppy...5:30 am!!! When we brought it to the attention of the front desk, they had the people come get the dog but the very next morning was the same story. People like that make it hard for good dog owners to get hotel rooms...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ford1665
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Room was dirty. Shower smelled like a wet dog. Maybe it was just our room. we stay in budget motels a sozen or more times a year, all over the country and have not experienced anything this bad before. Disgusting.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MetroWest52
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I found this motel on Trip Advisor. The reviews sounded ok and so I decided to give it a try since it was close to where we wanted to be. This motel was just ok. It was very clean but in need of a complete update as everything was many years old. I wouldn't choose this motel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ll63
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I stay here frequently. I own my own business and travel throughout the region. The rooms are large and comfortable. Internet access and desk allows me to do work at night. The decor is dated, but the rooms are clean. The manager is very friendly and is available if you need anything. The pool has just been re-done. The bottom line is you can certainly find places more luxurious, but if you're looking for a clean, safe place at a fraction of the cost, you won't find anything to beat it in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank akascootman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Travelodge Sturgis
Super 8 Howe
Super 8 Howe
#3 of 4 in Howe
Holiday Inn Express Howe

Been to American Inn Sturgis? Share your experiences!