Korner Kottage Bed & Breakfast
US$141
US$131
The Leland Lodge(Leland)(Great Value!)
US$164
Hotels.com
Hotel Indigo Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$153
  • Restaurant
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$181
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$158
Park Place Hotel(Traverse City)
US$151
Grand Traverse Motel(Traverse City)
US$128
Orbitz.com
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$160
CambriaHotels
All reviewsjim and lindaparis roomhomemade granolawonderful hostsfront porchtraverse cityother guestswithin walking distancenorthern michiganevery morningweather permittingwonderful breakfastsound machinefire pitnestlebayengland
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nothing makes a traveler feel more at home than upon first entering a B&B and having the owner welcome them to sit down and chat a while! During this time, Jim shared great info about the area, yet also was genuinely interested in us. Both Linda and Jim were very accommodating with our special requests of providing vegetarian (almost vegan) breakfasts and hooking us up with a place to volunteer in the community for a morning. Their attention to detail and their gestures of kindness (e.g., providing an oil lamp so that we could play Scrabble in their beautiful backyard at night) are what make them some of the best in the B&B biz!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I try to get to Suttons Bay every year, sometimes twice a year and we always stay at the Korner Kottage. We have never been disappointed. Our last trip was in August for my birthday. We were welcomed with smiles and open arms. We always stay in the same room each year, which is very "komfortable" and "kozy." Each night we stay we both sleep like babies. Then, we wake up to an amazing breakfast. Jim is a wonderful cook and Linda is an amazing hostess.

All of our needs are always met. There is even a little washcloth for me to remove my makeup at the end of the day. Jim and Linda clearly pay attention to detail, making a visit to the Korner Kottage always exceed our expectations! We have even brought groups of friends with us and every single one of them has loved it! If you are looking for a great experience in all aspects, Korner Kottage is for you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Korner Kottage is a charming Bed and Breakfast. Jim and Linda were warm and very hospitable. Linda made several excellent recommendations about where to dine and wineries in the area - her recommendations were spot on! The area is simply stunning. We were served breakfast in the back yard, which was an enchanting garden. The food was delicious! We had homemade granola, yogurt and fresh fruit. We also had egg frittata on the first day and a yummy cinnamon french toast on the second day. The coffee was also outstanding! If you want to visit Suttons Bay, I would highly recommend the Korner Kottage! It was everything we could have asked for and more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We just returned from a 3 night stay in Suttons Bay at the Korner Kottage for our anniversary and had a fantastic time. The location is perfect- within walking distance to all of Suttons Bay and in bike riding distance to many local wineries, cideries, bike trails etc. The B&B itself is very quaint and charming and very clean and Jim and Linda are the best hosts anyone could ask for. The breakfasts are amazing and the house always smells like Jim's amazing granola.They go out of their way to make their guests feel at home and go above and beyond to make your experience care free and enjoyable. We could not get enought of 9 Bean Row (a recommendation by Jim and Linda) for dinner-- a farm to table restaurant that is out of this world that rivals any place in Chicago. We stayed in the Porch room (it was all that was left) but absolutely loved it---it has a detached bathroom (the only room that does) but the bathroom is private and you are provided cozy bathrobes to go to and from- not an issue at all for us. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My getaway to Sutton Bay , MI , became a horrible experience . I Celita Welsch went with my husband Doug Welsch , to spend two nights at Korner Kottage, in Sutton Bay , a B & B indicated by my step- daughter and her husband . We had plan to visit the wineries of the region . When we arrived we received a welcome written on the blackboard on the wall of the porch . We saw an envelope with our name and it contained the password to get into the place . We had booked a room with King bed ,the Paris , but getting there , we noticed that the noise from a construction right at the corner and the cars , we tried to manage exchange the room. As there was not anyone to receive us but dozens of messages to please remove the make up , please , do this , do that , we called and informed that we would prefer the queen bedroom on the back , upstairs , to have less street noise , horns , men with machines working right next door, and they agreed . The room is very small . When we came from our tour to the nice wineries ,and after diner, the air conditioning in our room was already on with our stuffs . I could not sleep with the the air with terrible noise (one unit for each room) , and around 3 A.M. I turn it off (my husband spent the night thinking about doing the same and was happy that he could finally sleep . We woke up when cars started to drive down the street . The breakfast room was good, granola with almonds , yorgute , coffee, milk,fruit salad, and toast with Parmesan . As we didn't sleep well , my husband and I decided to go home but after the check out (WE PAID $190 with the taxes included but she didn't give us a receipt!), The worse was about to happen . As we share during the breakfast some thoughts that came to mind during the course of the trip , on our second day , my husband received a text message from my stepdaughter that she and her husband really wanted to talk with him . He called and she was angry , very nervous , and did not want to say until we get home. We thought something terrible had happened and even thought in the relationship , but we called the winery of my husband and spoke to a person who knew what happened . Linda , the owner of the B & B had told what we shared with her about my daughter working for another winery , with her spouse . Just that and our day was completely ruined knowing that we would have to face the furious daughter of my husband who was burning with anger and jealousy . Linda certainly should not do something so unethical , which we had shared with her(it was a big deal but for the wrong person it was a drama!) ​​. When I called her I couldn't talk to Linda , only with her husband, and next morning he hung up the phone ...what rude he was ! Now we have a misunderstanding, my husband 's mother worrying about false gossips, and Linda attitude brought a division in family because the jealousy. We are mature , he 63, and I almost 63 . We are financially independent . But after all , I give you an advice: do not share something that makes you happy or anything with certain unscrupulous persons who intentionally or not , can not only ruined our day and the entire week some people don't deserve to be trusted and avoid sharing good things with wrong people .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
James R M, Owner at Korner Kottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

The morning of this two night reservation began with a phone call to the author's husband ( and
father of a frequent guest ) explaining that we may not be home during normal check-in time. He said that was fine, as they would be in the area wine tasting. Every time we provide for self check-in it begins with a phone call saying there will be an envelope on the front porch. Inside this envelope is the keyless entry code, directions to your room , and ALWAYS A RECEIPT.
That afternoon when they arrived I received a phone call from the author stating that she did not like B & B's, and the only reason she was here was because her husband's daughter suggested they stay. She then asked if they could switch rooms due to the construction noise on the street side. We were happy to accommodate their move from the Paris Room to the England Room.
The reference to the Dozen notes in their room consists of three: please reuse your towels, please use the dark washcloths for makeup removal, and please turn on the exhaust fan when showering.
Our B & B has four guest rooms in a 1921 Craftsman Style home. All the rooms are small and we provide photos on our website.
The temperature that day was near 90 degrees. As a courtesy, we turned on their A/C unit to make it more comfortable when they returned from dinner. The A/C unit does have an OFF switch and the windows do open. We also provide earplugs and all our guest rooms have Dohm sound machines.
The next morning the two night reservation turned into a one night reservation as the author said they had to get home. There was no mention of their terrible experience. Had we known, we would have comped the room.
Breakfast conversation in the morning was pleasant and they both told us they were excited to return home and begin working on a new business venture. This new venture involved the author's family moving from Texas to Michigan. There was no mention that it was top secret.
Later that morning, we received an email from the author's stepdaughter, who along with her husband, are active in the family business asking how her father and his wife enjoyed their stay.
We replied that we were sorry they had to cut their stay with us short, but that we too were excited about their new business venture. She had no idea about a new venture.
The following morning began with a series of phone calls from the author, during breakfast time:
8:47 a.m., 8:50 a.m., 8:54 a.m., 8:55 a.m., and 8:56 a.m. I answered the first call and the author wanted to speak to my wife. She was upset that we had spilled the beans. I politely explained to her that we were in the middle of breakfast service and she would have to call her back and I hung up. My wife did make contact with the author later that week to set the story straight, that we did not initiate any email or rush to phone her stepdaughter.
We apologize for any misunderstanding.