“Wonderful stay at the Korner Kottage!”

Korner Kottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Suttons Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a lovely little bed in breakfast right in the heart of Sutton's Bay. It's just a few steps from some lovely restaurants (Martha's Table) for one, across the street from the water. We booked the Paris room and it was just lovely with so many cute details! So charming. We had a just delightful breakfast each morning, with lovely conversation by another pair of guests. Jim and Linda were wonderful hosts and made us feel right at home. The only reason I could not give it 5 stars was our room was located on M-22 - and even though they provided ear plugs and a sound machine, I could still hear the traffic and that was a little disappointing, since I am a light sleeper. I would book a room in the back next time!

Room Tip: The Paris soon (is just so charming) but it does face M-22 and you can hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Muirwoodsue

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about the Korner Kottage! My mother and I booked the England room fairly last minute and luckily, Jim and Linda were able to accommodate us. When we arrived, the whole house smelled of Jim's wonderful cooking and both Jim and Linda were there to greet us and show us around. The house is just gorgeous-decorated wonderfully and very comforting, without the typical B&B attire that makes you feel like your surrounded by hand me downs. I'd describe it as shabby chic, with plenty of Jim and Linda's personal touches and every amenity you need. There was bottled water in the fridge and fuzzy robes and socks in the closet, both very much welcomed after a day of wine tasting! The bed was a super comfy Sleep Number. I usually don't sleep well away from home, but I slept like a baby at the Kottage. My mom said she is done with hotels after staying at such a charming Bed and Breakfast! Speaking of breakfast, it was amazing! The first day we had a really great Mexican breakfast casserole and the next day, some yummy cinnamon roll french toast. Both days, we started with their signature homemade granola. I'm not a huge fan of granola, but we loved this version so much, we bought a bag to take home and I have since tried to duplicate the recipe! My mom is a vegetarian, and Jim was very accommodating and made her a special breakfast the first day because there was meat in the casserole, which she appreciated. Also, there are cookies and a self serve 1 cu

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Camper517
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Every detail attended to in this wonderful bed and breakfast. Thank to our gracious hosts, Jim and Linda Munro, we had a wonderful experience celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Lovely furnishings, luxurious bedding and charming accommodation make this on our lists of must return to. The breakfasts were outstanding to say the least. We cannot recommend the Korner Kottage more highly as it has set the standard for what a bed and breakfast should be.

Room Tip: Book Early!
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nothing makes a traveler feel more at home than upon first entering a B&B and having the owner welcome them to sit down and chat a while! During this time, Jim shared great info about the area, yet also was genuinely interested in us. Both Linda and Jim were very accommodating with our special requests of providing vegetarian (almost vegan) breakfasts and hooking us up with a place to volunteer in the community for a morning. Their attention to detail and their gestures of kindness (e.g., providing an oil lamp so that we could play Scrabble in their beautiful backyard at night) are what make them some of the best in the B&B biz!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I try to get to Suttons Bay every year, sometimes twice a year and we always stay at the Korner Kottage. We have never been disappointed. Our last trip was in August for my birthday. We were welcomed with smiles and open arms. We always stay in the same room each year, which is very "komfortable" and "kozy." Each night we stay we both sleep like babies. Then, we wake up to an amazing breakfast. Jim is a wonderful cook and Linda is an amazing hostess.

All of our needs are always met. There is even a little washcloth for me to remove my makeup at the end of the day. Jim and Linda clearly pay attention to detail, making a visit to the Korner Kottage always exceed our expectations! We have even brought groups of friends with us and every single one of them has loved it! If you are looking for a great experience in all aspects, Korner Kottage is for you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Korner Kottage is a charming Bed and Breakfast. Jim and Linda were warm and very hospitable. Linda made several excellent recommendations about where to dine and wineries in the area - her recommendations were spot on! The area is simply stunning. We were served breakfast in the back yard, which was an enchanting garden. The food was delicious! We had homemade granola, yogurt and fresh fruit. We also had egg frittata on the first day and a yummy cinnamon french toast on the second day. The coffee was also outstanding! If you want to visit Suttons Bay, I would highly recommend the Korner Kottage! It was everything we could have asked for and more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We just returned from a 3 night stay in Suttons Bay at the Korner Kottage for our anniversary and had a fantastic time. The location is perfect- within walking distance to all of Suttons Bay and in bike riding distance to many local wineries, cideries, bike trails etc. The B&B itself is very quaint and charming and very clean and Jim and Linda are the best hosts anyone could ask for. The breakfasts are amazing and the house always smells like Jim's amazing granola.They go out of their way to make their guests feel at home and go above and beyond to make your experience care free and enjoyable. We could not get enought of 9 Bean Row (a recommendation by Jim and Linda) for dinner-- a farm to table restaurant that is out of this world that rivals any place in Chicago. We stayed in the Porch room (it was all that was left) but absolutely loved it---it has a detached bathroom (the only room that does) but the bathroom is private and you are provided cozy bathrobes to go to and from- not an issue at all for us. Highly recommend!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suttons Bay
#1 of 2 in Suttons Bay
The Vineyard Inn
The Vineyard Inn
#7 of 9 in Suttons Bay

Been to Korner Kottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!