“Very Grateful!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Suttons Bay B&B and Inns
Troy, Michigan, United States
“Very Grateful!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for a wedding weekend that was close to Northport, MI. I found the Korner Kottage and couldn't have been more grateful. We arrived on 8/22 and met with the owner, Jim, who promptly showed us to our room and gave us the quick run down of how the B&B worked. We were in a hurry to get to the "wedding welcome BBQ" and he had lemon chocolate chip cookies for a quick snack to take with us. The next day, we had a wonderful breakfast in the garden and met the other guests and the day started out well. Three hours before the wedding, I received a message that the bride would no longer be providing a shuttle to Northport from Sutton's Bay for her wedding. I was near a local shop and asked what the local cab service was and the lady looked at me like I was nuts and handed me a phone book; I went back to the B&B and asked Linda if there was a cab company in town. Needless to say, Linda and Jim right away offered to not only to drive us to Northport for the wedding, but to pick us up at 11pm and if there were any problems, to call by 10pm if we needed anything. My husband and I were so grateful and couldn't believe their generosity! We were able to arrange a ride home but had Jim drive us to Northport for the wedding; he told us if the ride back fell through, than to call by 10pm and they would come to get us. Linda was such a "good mom" and even let me borrow a black shawl in case it was cold at night. They took a picture of us and had a copy ready in the morning as a souvenoir. Couldn't ask for better, kind people to run a B&B. Also, our room was a good fit for us. They had a ceiling fan along with the super comfy bed, my husband and I slept really well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Korner Kottage after a weekend of camping on South Manitou Island. This was a wonderful return to civilization! Jim and Linda are very gracious hosts. They gave us good ideas for local restaurants. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. Cinnamon roll French toast with real maple syrup, sausage, yogurt granola and fresh fruit. We had a great conversation with the other guests and Jim and Linda.

We will definitely stay again!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank David C
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We absolutely love staying at the Korner Kottage! Jim and Linda are wonderful hosts and the breakfast is always phenomenal. We enjoyed having breakfast in the garden, it was a nice start to the day.
Suttons Bay is such a charming little town and the Korner Kottage is just a short walk to everything the town has to offer. It's also just a short drive from many beautiful wineries. This was our second visit and we look forward to many more in the future :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leigh Anne B
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Jim and Linda are wonderful hosts. This was one of the stops on a convertible tour. Jim and Linda were great in helping us with driving tour plans, made dining reservations for us while we were driving and enjoying the scenery and provided excellent home cooked breakfasts. The front porch was an enjoyable setting to review the days events over our favorite beverage.Beds are comfortable. Each room unique. This ranks as one of the top bed and breakfasts that we have stayed in..

Room Tip: Each room is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert R
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Korner Kottage for my nephews wedding at the Crooked Creek, it was me and my husband and our 3 boys and their girlfriends. Jim & Linda were so friendly to work with on everything. It was awesome to have the entire place to ourselves we felt like we were at home. We had breakfast every morning in the garden which was beautiful! The breakfast Jim made us was excellent! They even had homemade cookies for us when we arrived. They thought of everything when they put the rooms together and the beds were awesome!! I highly recommend them. My boys and their girlfriends absolutely loved it!! It was perfect! Thanks Jim & Linda for a great weekend!! Donna & Chris from Cincinnati (if you are from Cincinnati Jim misses his Skyline - so he would love it if you surprised him with some)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna M
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2014

There are so many reasons to love Korner Kottage, it's hard to choose the highlights. My husband and I have stayed at KK at least a dozen times. We've stayed in every room during all seasons and have had superior experiences with each visit. The rooms are immaculately clean and well appointed. The bed and linens are specifically wonderful. (I've spent time marveling at how they get the sheets to smell so nice!) Every comfort has been anticipated including cold water in the fridge, cozy robes, and wine glasses. There are new, small details that I notice each time we visit. Breakfast is also a highlight. It always starts with seasonal fruit, yogurt and house made granola. (Buy some to take home!) We have had incredible breakfast treats over the years including cream cheese stuffed french toast, individual egg and cheese quiches and eggs atop delicious potato cakes. Amazingly, Jim and Linda are able to keep track of and cook according to dietary restrictions for any guest. I've actually witnessed breakfast delivered no less than three ways at one serving. Jim and Linda are proven experts of the Suttons Bay area. They have given us advice and directions to a number of places including where to recreate, where to eat and where to find great wine. I could go on and on about all the great things at Korner Kottage. Jim and Linda have created such an ideal experience for their guests that we can't stay away. It feels just like a home away from home. You have to go see it for yourself!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Jim and Linda were helpful through the planning of our trip and during our stay. They helped us organize and plan a wonderful getaway in northern Michigan that we will always remember. Thank you! We will return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Indigo Traverse City
Hotel Indigo Traverse City
#20 of 40 in Traverse City
The Sylvan Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Korner Kottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!