“Awesome place, aweome food, awesome people!”
Review of Hang-On Express

Hang-On Express
Ranked #14 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Asian
Traverse City, Michigan
“Awesome place, aweome food, awesome people!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

For several years, my husband and I dined at Golden Chopsticks in Acme, Michigan at least once a week. Often more than once a week. The food they served was always so good! And the servings were very generous. But, I'll tell you a secret. The number-one reason we were such regular customers was how very friendly and kind all of the people who worked there were. We felt so welcome there! And we weren't the only ones. Golden Chopsticks had a very large and very loyal following. We were so sad when our favorite place changed hands. You cannot imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered our old friends were the proprietors of Hang-On Express in Suttons Bay! It's a small restaurant, located amongst the little shops along the main street. If you are lucky, you can sit at the table by the front window. It has a planter full of orchids, and you can sit and drink hot tea, and munch on crab wontons, while you watch the people going about their shopping. Delightful! And the food is sooo good!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sammy m

Downers Grove, Illinois
“very good”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is some very good Chinese food, in generous quantity, although I was a little surprised at the price.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a web site, which makes doing take out if you're visiting TC difficult. I'm attaching photos of the current (Aug 22, 2013) menu.

• Visited August 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Had the seasame chicken....it was great”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Went with my son to have lunch....the sesame chicken was great.
We also had the wontons and they were good....great service and value for the price....we both had left overs to take home....

Visited August 2013
Suttons Bay, Michigan
“Take Out Magic!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We've seen Hang-On Express for some time without ever stopping to try the food. What a mistake. Our peanut chicken and fried noodles were wonderful and the orders were large enough for a couple of meals. However, we were weak and gorged on the delicious dish. Today's order was a take out because we were rushed, but we'll be back to join the other happy diners in exploring the menu. First rate food!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mike E
Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Great food at a reasonable price and lovely people. A real asset to the community. Today was my first visit and I'll definitely be back. I've never had a takeout order from anywhere handed to me with the words "thank you for supporting us." First class.

• Visited April 2013