“Excellent!”

Ciccone Vineyard and Winery
Ranked #7 of 24 things to do in Suttons Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Ciccone Vineyard & Winery presents one of northern Michigan's most unique and picturesque wineries. Our Old World tasting room is situated atop the rolling hills of Leelanau Peninsula and features award-winning estate wines. Take a stroll through our vineyards and enjoy the striking views of West Grand Traverse Bay and our restored turn-of-the-century barn. Experience the most exceptional backdrop for wine tours, wedding celebrations and other special occasions.
Iowa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We toured 5 wineries that day in the Leelanau area and Ciccone was by far the best. You can tell the owners take great care of their grapes and put a lot into the wines. Our favorite was the Due Rossi - fantastic!

Visited August 2013

Somis, CA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Above the top in Service!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Had our rehearsal dinner & wedding here. Wines were good & customer service was Outstanding! A Great Staff! Looking forward to returning to taste!

Edwardsburg, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible Wine”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The wine had absolutely no character. Tested like it was diluted. Out of six of us, no one liked anything and didn't buy a bottle. We went to a total of 5 wineries near Suttons Bay. This was at the bottom bottom of the list. Would not recommend at all. Paid $5 for tasting, at least we got to keep the glass.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pat M
CicconeVineyard, Manager at Ciccone Vineyard and Winery, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Pat we hope you will join us again. Wine changes with every vintage year and we invite you to try again. Please show this note to the staff members for a free sample of all of our wines. We are confident we will find something you will like. So sorry your experience at that time was not enjoyable and we ask that you give us another chance.
Thank you so much!
Sarah Titus | Tasting Room Manager of Ciccone Vineyard & Winery
Chicago
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Drank with Madonna!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

So, I had a glass of wine with Madonna. Well, not really. I did go to Madonna's family vineyard...at least I think it is Madonna's family?? At least that is what everyone is saying. I didn't want to look like a crazy person asking so I'll just go with it.

There are tons and tons of wineries all up and down the peninsulas in the Traverse area. It was hard to choose one to go to and we were getting tired so we decided to stop at this one. I have no idea what time of day it was (it was definitely before 5pm) and we were the only ones in the place. Another party did come in as we were finishing up our tasting.

A tasting only costs $5 plus you get to keep the etched wine glass. We were told to bring the wine glass back in on future visits and you get something free? Maybe a glass of wine or a full tasting. I can't remember...I think the wine had something to do with that.

There are set pours and then you get to choose your last pour from a selected list. There were a lot of reds which I am not a fan of but I still drank. Honestly, I didn't really care for any of them enough to buy a bottle BUT I do know that we were both pretty buzzed. We had to hang out and walk around the vineyard for a bit before we could drive back to whatever it is we did next...again, I can't remember, lol.

The staff was friendly offering suggestions for other wineries or breweries (or would they be called cideries?).

1 Thank Susan B
Detroit
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Grudgingly I enjoyed it.”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Very good wine (for what I know about wine), great decor, beautiful grounds, very cool barn that can be used for events. All-in-all, a very nice visit.

Why only four stars? I don't like Madonna...sorry Ciccone family!