“Pizza in the New York Style” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Leelanau, Michigan
“Pizza in the New York Style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The only thing I've ever had at the Roman Wheel, and to my mind the reason to go to this restaurant, is the pizza. It's not Chicago pizza and not Detroit style pizza. It's thin and a bit greasy and great when you are mood for it. It reminds me a great deal of the pizza I used to have in New York City, although, unlike NYC the crust is soft rather than crisp. The toppings are excellent (I recommend the mushrooms and pepperoni - sorry, I'm a bit of a traditionalist). You can dine in or carry out.

I can't speak to the rest of the menu, but if you like thin crust pizza you can roll into a cylinder to take giant, dripping bites of, you won't go wrong here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traverse City, Michigan
“LOVE their pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

If you want a great homemade pizza in Suttons Bay--go here! I love their sauce and their crust is perfect. They do not skimp on toppings and are always consistent in perfect/good food quality at a great value. We go here often and are lucky to have such a good local pizza place. Their wings were excellent too--my hubby loves them. We have tried many things here and have yet to be disappointed! Writing this review makes me hanker for a piece of their pizza!!

Visited June 2014
East Lansing, Michigan
“Broasted Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Recently stopped into the Roman Wheel after a day of wine tasting on Leelanau Peninsula and, after enjoying pizza at another local establishment the night before, we opted for the broasted chicken. Took probably 20 minutes for the chicken to be ready, but it was well worth the wait. We took it back to our room and devoured it. Delicious, juicy, hot. Really excellent chicken. We also ordered a side of fries, which actually turned out to be fried potato wedges. Not our favorite, but certainly nothing wrong with them. Would highly recommend this place. We also saw a couple of pizzas come out of the oven while we were waiting and they looked delicious.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank rmeade88
“You will miss this pizza if you have to leave the countyy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Quality ingredients, and tasty pizza every time. Family owned and operated you can't go wrong! This place also offers excellent broasted chicken and the breadsticks are killer. Try the Parmesan sticks, they come coated in garlic butter. I'm getting hungry again writing this review!

Ann Arbor
“Best pizza on the peninsula”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great crust, yummy cheese, no salt hang-over afterwards. Only been here for pizza, but why not? Service is friendly and efficient. Eat in is causal and basic, perfect for families.

• Visited August 2013