“Twice is Nice!!”

Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The V.I. Grill serves fresh and local American fare in a family friendly atmosphere. Some of our specialties include Fresh Whitefish, Black Angus burgers, natural hand cut fries, fresh salads or unique sandwiches. Don't forget to save room for our local fresh daily desserts including Moomers Ice Cream. Enjoy a outdoor dining around a stone fireplace with a full bar area. Our Tavern is accented with hand scraped Hickory floors and Mahogany back bar with 22 taps, tv's are visible and our dining room includes a two story stone fireplace and specializes in large groups. Next time your in Suttons Bay, experience the history of Leelanau County Est. 1871!
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We arrived in Suttons Bay around 9pm and found the VI Grill was the only place open. Our waiter, Alex F, was awesome! VERY attentive, and had the uncanny ability to suggest the perfect beer or drink for each of us. We ordered burgers and salads -- all were HUGE -- and Alex recommended the cherry? nut bread pudding with caramel sauce for dessert, which was DELICIOUS. Our return visit was at 10pm on the Saturday after July 4th. Though the hostess didn't try too hard to seat us, the manager DID even though someone in our party read they don't serve food after 10pm. We had burgers all around -- I had the veggie burger which was kinda mushy. We didn't have their pizza, but it looked good.

1  Thank ann_em_gee
There are newer reviews for V.I. Grill

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in with a group of 5 later in the evening this past weekend after a stop at the casino. We were greeted quickly by friendly staff. We ordered various items from the menu and all were well prepared and very enjoyable. We will be sure to visit again.

1  Thank knhd976
Reviewed 8 July 2014

You know I really hate to write a bad review. I stopped here for a quick bite and the waitress was not stellar. Slow service, did not check back for satisfaction, never refilled any of our water glasses, waited for food as others were served after we sat down. I can go on, maybe it was her first day but at 2:00 in the afternoon, (a slow time), you would think we could get good service. Sadly this was not the case. Nice place, good atmosphere, decent food. Well I am set, I would not recommend this place nor will I be back. There are like fifty other places nearby, the management really needs to train the wait staff. Even the guy seating people and clearing tables walked past our bone dry water glasses at least six times.

1  Thank James P
Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear "Okay Food"
I would like apologize for your experience at the VI Grill. We pride ourselves on great service at all times and we obviously failed you this time. We hope that you will give the VI another chance as we feel that this experience is an exception, not the norm. Thank you for your consideration.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Came here to get lunch, we were seated quickly. Their chicken jalapeno soup was very good. We also got the cheese plate, I've had better, but it was still good. Nothing remarkable to really write about.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped here for lunch with the family while shopping in Suttons Bay. Ordered the chicken tortellini soup and bbq pulled pork sandwich and both were very good. The wife ordered a bloody mary and that was also good. This place has a decent selection of craft beers too.

1  Thank Wally1218