“The stuff (food) dreams are made of”

9 Bean Rows Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
9 Bean Rows Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table restaurant in beautiful downtown Suttons Bay, MI. Locally-sourced food (much of it from our own farm) and a full bar.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Suttons Bay for 3 days. We made sure to go back to this restaurant after dining there our first night. In fact we are likely to return to Suttons Bay partly just to go to eat there again.

2  Thank Christine M

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am giving this place five stars because it is by far and away the finest food we have had so far in the area. Three of the four main courses we had were excellent. I would highly recommend the trout. It was flavorful and interesting. The lentil salad we had was sublime, as well as the sautéed calamari. Our waitress(I think her name was Tracy), was professional and informative. The only negative was the pork chop my wife ordered. It was cooked well but was way too salty. I would highly recommend 9 Bean Rows.

1  Thank oliverlevitt
Reviewed 24 June 2014

New place listed in "Red Hot" for new restaurants. Great service & food. uses fresh local fare! Baker is not there on Mondays, their day off.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went to dinner here at the recommendation of Jim and Linda, our hosts at Korner Kottage in Suttons Bay. We arrived early, 6:15 on a Monday, to a small crowd which by the time we left the place was pretty much full. It was a bit noisy inside, so we went out back to the delightful enclosed deck. Our server was prompt, pleasant, and very knowledgeable about the menu. I had a spicy, but delicious bloody Mary, my wife and a friend had delicious iced tea from Light of Day, Michigan's only tea farm on M72 West. Our other guest had a raspberry lemonade, very good. As for an appetizer we had a dish of heated olives that came in brine with lemon rind grated with rosemary and other herbs. It was fantastic, a very simple but unique dish. As we waited we enjoyed some rustic bread that had been baked in house, that was excellent. For dinner my wife and our friend Joe had a smoked trout pasta carbonara with an egg on top. They both raved about it! Joe's wife Deb had a delicious Mac and cheese with roasted broccoli and red pepper. My entree was the special, a roasted organic chicken breast served on a polenta cake with a peppernara, a mixture of peppers, onions, veggies, in a light broth. WOW, it was absolutely delicious. The chicken came with the wing attached, but the breast was boned, the skin was crispy and the meat was fork cut tender. All of us raved about our meals. 9 Bean Rows has a good selection of MI beers, a good wine list, and a bar were a few can sit and enjoy a drink. It also has street tables as well as the back deck to add to the fun interior of an old building. If you travel from Suttons Bay to Leland, you will come across their farm where they try to grow as much as they can. All in all, it is a must stop for foodies in Suttons Bay.

1  Thank CSchaner57
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First time to this restaurant as suggested by Jim and Linda Munro. Menu was comprised of fresh local fare and did not disappoint.