“Popular restaurant - make reservations”

9 Bean Rows Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
9 Bean Rows Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table restaurant in beautiful downtown Suttons Bay, MI. Locally-sourced food (much of it from our own farm) and a full bar.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a popular restaurant in Sutton's Bay. We arrived between 6:00pm and 6:30pm on a Tuesday night and the seating was already limited to the bar or an outdoor table. We ate at the bar because it looked like it could rain. The bartender was extremely friendly and the service was good, especially considering how busy he was. The food was very good, but I felt that it was a little overpriced. I had the risotto and was surprised that the veggies were puréed instead of cut up. My husband really enjoyed his rainbow trout.

We were impressed that this restaurant puts a little reserved sign on the tables for those who have made advance reservations. There are not many restaurants that will actually hold a table for you.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

What use to be The Covered Wagon is now 9 Bean Row Bakery. Get there early. They sell out. The cherry pie with the granola topping is my second fav in the county now! May be my first. I need to have another one when I am up there again later this summer. The almond paste in the breakfast rolls looked wonderful. Miss the covered wagons corn though!

1  Thank nmspeech
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Came recommended by shop owners. It was great particularly when wanting something a little different. I tried the egg salad, which came with smoked trout. It was good, would have liked more egg salad since I didn't eat the bread. I would again.

1  Thank julieandabbe
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I expected excellent food. The menu is adventurous and tantalizing, and the little restaurant is lovely. Service was a bit snippy. But a place with a bit of an attitude might be expected to have excellent food, right? For a light lunch I ordered the arugula salad with goat cheese fritter and pommes frites, hand cut with aioli. The salad was small, which is okay, but nothing special, which is not okay. The vinaigrette was not particularly remarkable and neither was the fritter. The elements and flavors in the salad, including the hazelnuts, were poorly integrated. The pommes frites were french fries -- granted, a large amount of french fries -- but ordinary french fries nonetheless ( there IS a difference!). The aioli was not particularly noteworthy either. I left feeling like I had perhaps ordered the wrong things, but the menu really was not all that large. I understand this is a new restaurant incarnation in this location, so maybe they will rise to their ambitions with a little time. I wish I could rate this between average and very good. It was better than average, and is striving toward excellent, but not yet "very."

2  Thank Jennifer s
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A delightful little place to dine. Fabulous food made with fresh local products. Don't miss out on any of their unusual salads. Their bakery breads are also fabulous. I enjoy eating in places that prepare their meals unlike I can do at home. Nine Bean Rows doesn't disappoint in that area. Friendly and informative wait staff.