Before booking our reservation, I read several reviews of the Vineyard Inn, and even called Pam to speak directly with her regarding my concerns about the unflattering reviews. She assured me that these "bad reviews" were being written by her neighbors who were attempting to steal her guests. Although I was skeptical, I decided to go ahead and book 4 nights in a "2 room suite" as described on the website. Let me assure you, I am not a neighbor of the Vineyard Inn, but an honest to goodness paying customer, who was very disappointed. Upon arrival, we were escorted by the COOK to our room: #14 on the second level. Thankfully, there were no musty smells as mentioned in previous reviews, but the room itself was not worth the $175/night we were charged. The carpeting in the room was clearly in need of cleaning, and the wood-rotted windows (one of which would not close completely) were badly in need of repair, as well as better coverings! The room was NOT a 2 room suite, as advertised, but rather one very large room, with a kitchenette and small bathroom; no sofa in the room as described on website. When we questioned Pam the next evening, (up until then she was nowhere to be found) she said our room was considered a suite because it was larger than the studio rooms. Pam also said it used to be two rooms, but the bedroom was so small, they knocked out the wall. When I mentioned (and showed her) that the description and pricing on her website of a 2 room suite vs a studio differed, she replied by saying the website was outdated, and that "No one has ever complained before." The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were as flat as pancakes. The bathroom towels were the typical, low grade, scratchy type and the outlet in the bathroom did not work. The maid came daily and replaced any towels we left on the floor, and made the bed, but left the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink and never cleaned the bathroom sink. We also booked the full-day wine tour through The Vineyard Inn. Again, the prices and details were misrepresented. For example, no one in our group expected to pay tasting fees at each winery - we thought it was inclusive and the website was very vague. Questions to Pam were once again met with the response, "the website is outdated." Morning, all-day, and afternoon tour groups were melded together. Lunch was rushed. Afternoon group wanted to visit wineries that the morning group had already been to, etc.... it was a mess! A few positives: The location is nice, just on the outskirts of Sutton's Bay. There is a small private beach with fire pits, and our room had a large outdoor deck. The deck is shared by 3 other second floor rooms, but we seemed to be the only ones on the floor while we were there. Corky's Bistro is nice and has a lovely outdoor patio and bar. We only had the pizza which was very good. Overall, seems that Pam needs to update her website, clean up her Inn and organize her wine tours! Seems the Vineyard Inn is just a hobby for her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vineyard Inn on Suttons Bay and Corky's Beach Bistro combine water and wine to create the perfect backdrop for a memorable get-a-way at this 12-suite, romantic, European style inn, on the sandy shores of beautiful Suttons Bay. All of the suites enjoy stunning lake views and are nicely appointed with kitchenettes. Corky's Beach Bistro is our new on-site, full service restaurant, featuring a lively atmosphere, your favorite fare and libations including our very own French Valley Vineyard's wine, free boat docking and boat moorings, and Leelanau County's only beachfront dining. Choose one of our fun packages: tour the wineries in our limo coach or trolley, hit the links, get the girls together, a romantic getaway, or just relax on the beach. Located just north of downtown Suttons Bay, right on the 45th parallel. Also located at the Vineyard Inn are the offices for Wine Country Weddings and Events, our in-house catering and event company. We offer full catering services to commemorate every event. Weddings, anniversaries, milestone birthdays, vow renewals, rehearsal dinners, and corporate retreats to name a few. You can choose your venue from any one of our three event sites, Crooked Creek Ranch on Lake Leelanua, French Valley Vineyards in the heart of wine country, or The Vineyard Inn on Suttons Bay. We can also come to you with our fully equipped mobile kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your The Vineyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vineyard Inn On Suttons Bay Hotel Suttons Bay
- The Vineyard Inn Suttons Bay, Michigan