“Lovely and friendly little inn with incredible views on Sutton's Bay”

The Vineyard Inn on Suttons Bay
Ranked #7 of 9 Suttons Bay B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Lovely and friendly little inn with incredible views on Sutton's Bay”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here for Sip and Savour - amazing area! The Vineyard Inn is a very quaint little inn right on the water with amazing views and an atmosphere for socializing on the patio. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. They get to know you by name and the food and wine at Corky's is fantastic! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CanadianBakers

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I love to stay at the Vineyard Inn every year....it is truly wonderful, with great service, in a beautiful setting. Its a gem of an Inn, with beautiful views from every room, a great staff and a lovely bistro on site.

Room Tip: Every room is nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 12DLM2
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here on three occasions! The view and grounds are gorgeous. They seemed to be short of staff and somewhat unorganized! Pam, the owner does the best she can, but needs more help! The rooms are quaint, but need updated. Pam and the bartender went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Overall a great place, just don't expect five star accommodations or service.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori S
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Thank you for all the GREAT help. You and everyone I talked to was so VERY helpful. The lodging was over the top! Great place for a wedding. I have told many about this special place. Thanks again so much!

Room Tip: The suite is the perfect little get away!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly M
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 20 October 2013

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. This is my first time I have ever left a review good or bad on the internet but I felt compelled to do so after dealing with this place. Two weeks ago I bought my friend and his new bride a wine tour as a wedding gift and had the unfortunate experience, like so many others on here, of dealing with Pam. I paid with a credit card and she gave me a confirmation number which I find out was completely made up and really doesn't mean anything. She never ran my card two weeks ago and since then I have charged other things to my card thinking that the payment was run then. She ran it today and it was denied while my friends were on the tour. So I call Pam to give her another card and asked her why she did not tell me the payment would not be taken out until the day of the actual tour. She tells me that she has 20 people standing in line and she just can't deal with me at the moment. Meanwhile my friends aren't sure if they're going to have to pay for the tour or not! She then tells me that my card probably would have been denied two weeks ago anyway. We were then "disconnected" She calls me back later and left a rude voicemail telling me if I don't call back in 15 minutes then she would have to bring the tour back and drag my friends off the tour. I call back and luckily got the bartender who was very kind and apologetic and took my payment saving my friends the embarrassment of being kicked off the tour. The one star that I have to check goes to you! By the way the ad on the website says $59 per person well it was actually $69 per person. Pam said they raised their rates. Also, it says on the site that you are driven around in a Mercedes Sprinter type van that has flat screens and a mini bar. That's all bs. My friend told me it's a rickety old bus with wooden benches for seats. Too bad Pam can't be fired because she's apparently the owner meaning countless others will have to endure her unapologetic, rude, snobbish attitude. I just hope others are smarter than me and actually read these reviews before staying, eating or taking a wine tour at this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
16 Thank JDT1417
Metamora, Michigan
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Six of us stayed here in July 2013. Making reservations made us a little uneasy but check in went well. The rooms are fine, could use some updates but everything was clean and nice. I have to say that we never met the owner. The chef and his wife who seemed to take care of everything are wonderful. They greeted us and made us feel welcome. The food was great and they made our stay even more enjoyable. The outside dining area is very nice. The best thing they could do is keep the chef and his wife on!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy H
Michigan
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Before booking our reservation, I read several reviews of the Vineyard Inn, and even called Pam to speak directly with her regarding my concerns about the unflattering reviews. She assured me that these "bad reviews" were being written by her neighbors who were attempting to steal her guests. Although I was skeptical, I decided to go ahead and book 4 nights in a "2 room suite" as described on the website. Let me assure you, I am not a neighbor of the Vineyard Inn, but an honest to goodness paying customer, who was very disappointed. Upon arrival, we were escorted by the COOK to our room: #14 on the second level. Thankfully, there were no musty smells as mentioned in previous reviews, but the room itself was not worth the $175/night we were charged. The carpeting in the room was clearly in need of cleaning, and the wood-rotted windows (one of which would not close completely) were badly in need of repair, as well as better coverings! The room was NOT a 2 room suite, as advertised, but rather one very large room, with a kitchenette and small bathroom; no sofa in the room as described on website. When we questioned Pam the next evening, (up until then she was nowhere to be found) she said our room was considered a suite because it was larger than the studio rooms. Pam also said it used to be two rooms, but the bedroom was so small, they knocked out the wall. When I mentioned (and showed her) that the description and pricing on her website of a 2 room suite vs a studio differed, she replied by saying the website was outdated, and that "No one has ever complained before." The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were as flat as pancakes. The bathroom towels were the typical, low grade, scratchy type and the outlet in the bathroom did not work. The maid came daily and replaced any towels we left on the floor, and made the bed, but left the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink and never cleaned the bathroom sink. We also booked the full-day wine tour through The Vineyard Inn. Again, the prices and details were misrepresented. For example, no one in our group expected to pay tasting fees at each winery - we thought it was inclusive and the website was very vague. Questions to Pam were once again met with the response, "the website is outdated." Morning, all-day, and afternoon tour groups were melded together. Lunch was rushed. Afternoon group wanted to visit wineries that the morning group had already been to, etc.... it was a mess! A few positives: The location is nice, just on the outskirts of Sutton's Bay. There is a small private beach with fire pits, and our room had a large outdoor deck. The deck is shared by 3 other second floor rooms, but we seemed to be the only ones on the floor while we were there. Corky's Bistro is nice and has a lovely outdoor patio and bar. We only had the pizza which was very good. Overall, seems that Pam needs to update her website, clean up her Inn and organize her wine tours! Seems the Vineyard Inn is just a hobby for her.

Room Tip: Do not book online. Call the inn and be very clear about your expectations. Get everything in writi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Korner Kottage Bed & Breakfast
Lakeshore Inn Motel
Lakeshore Inn Motel
#2 of 3 in Glen Arbor

Been to The Vineyard Inn on Suttons Bay? Share your experiences!