“Our first stay at a Red Roof will not be our last!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor

Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
Loretto, Pennsylvania
“Our first stay at a Red Roof will not be our last!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great package deal for the Ford Museum/Greenfield Village! When we had to alter our travel plans, the woman on duty kindly booked us into another Red Roof on our route. The fridge/microwave allow you to put together your own breakfast; nearby shops can provide cereal, juice and so forth.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with the Red Roof Detroit Southwest Taylor. Nice to hear you were able to enjoy the Henry Ford Museum package. Accessing your own breakfast foods with the ability to use the micro/fridge is a good healthy choice. We look forward to your next visit when passing through our area.

Many thanks,
Christina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

I usually choose the Red Roof Inn when sleeping away from home and lately I have chosen the Red Roof Inn at the Taylor, Mi location. As usual Steve is always Great- what customer service should be. Ashely was really great on my last stay also. Oh and allow me to give 2 thumbs up to Vivian the housekeeper... she was great too

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel and more importantly, the staff. We continuously strive to provide our guests with a memorable experience every stay. We appreciate you mentioning several members of our team on your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are a fan of our recent renovations.
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

General property was found to be in great condition. Staff was very pleasant, and their friendliness was far beyond what they are paid to do. They show that as a guest, you matter more than the bottom line! Rooms are fantastic, all new and clean, beds are truly out of this world!! So comfortable, beds you would have at home but rarely find in hotels. Overall for the economical brand that red roof inn is, this hotel blew every expectation I had from guest service to room decor and comfortable. I've been to red roofs before, wasn't impressed at all, but this inn changed my view if red roof, lets hope other inns I find maintain the level of hospitality that Taylor red roof does!!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our Taylor location on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recent updates to the decor as well as the new Serta bedding package. We always strive to make sure our guests know how important they are and how much we appreciate them choosing us over the competition. Thank you for the feedback as this will encourage us to keep giving our guests the top notch service they deserve.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

It's not the fanciest place but for the money, it was perfect. The room is large, neat and very clean. Staff was kind and helpful, so if you are in the area, this place is definitely recommended. They proved to be really helpful when I extended my stay by an extra night.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Trip Advisor. I hope your travels bring you back to this location in the near future. I'm glad to hear that you found our newly renovated rooms to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for choosing to extend your stay with us as I am please to hear that you found our staff to be extremely helpful and friendly in assisting you.
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Sure, the past reviews were not great but I still took a chance on staying here since it was only $40 a night for 2 double beds, flat screen t.v, a fridge and microwave. Our room was right above the office, no noises except for the very loud train. Kind of made us feel like we had surround sound, it was funny. The floors had brand new carpets, beds were soft but the pillows were hard as rocks. The main thing was it was clean & close to all kinds of shopping. Plan on staying again real soon, perfect price for sure!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for your generous feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade to our rooms and will be returning very soon. With our renovations completed this week, there is a good chance you were the 1st guest to experience that particular room, thus the brand new pillows. I am glad you found our facility to be clean and close to an abundance of shopping. I look forward to your future visit.
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was our second stay here...if youre looking for a cheap sleep then this is the place. No breakfast is the biggest bummer! Beds are rly uncomfortable but the rooms are decent and its so close to all the stores. Def not my first choice but when on a budget it def works just fine!!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for being a repeat guest to our location and taking the time to leave us some feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you found the location to be convenient and close to all the stores you enjoy shopping at. I am sorry to hear that you found the bed in your room uncomfortable. We are excited to announce that our current renovation includes an upgrade to Serta mattresses, along with flat screen TV's, brand new carpet, drapes, bedding, and more. I am confident you will find our new product quite appealing.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

The location was convenient to everything one might need on your travels, 20 min away from downtown. We were going to the Auto Show. Only thing I would suggest... if you book the base room like we did (fantastic deal by the way) don't forget to pack a hair dryer. I called the front desk, and the nice front desk lady let us use a hair dryer in another room. The hotel was convenient to several restaurants (I suggest Rams Horn in Dearborn Hts. for breakfast). I would stay here again, perhaps when the Woodward Dream Cruise is on in August.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our Red Roof Inn location on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you found the location of the property very convenient and close to all the places you enjoyed visiting. Please contact us again and we would be glad to provide your lodging when you are in town for the Woodward Dream Cruise in August. We are currently going through our renovation and will be upgrading our TV's to flat panels, our mattresses to Serta, as well as new carpets, drapes, and other furniture.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
BEST WESTERN Woodhaven Inn
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor? Share your experiences!