“Comfortable and affordable”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The front desk staff and management here have been very friendly and helpful.I have been staying Mon-Fri for the last 2 months for work. The rooms have been recently remodeled and very comfortable. The Superior King Room is set up with a work station which is perfect for working on your computer after work. Don't take me wrong, this is not a luxury hotel, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, and affordable place to rest your head this is it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 December 2013

If you stay on the other side of the Inn, you may be disturbed by the train/track noise. They do not serve breakfast, just coffee and tea in the lobby, but there's places nearby for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Being very near Detroit, I was hesitant to book a room. No problem ~ it's in a nice neighborhood. The nightly rate was extremely reasonable because Red Roof was celebrating its 40th Anniversary.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was attracted to this property because of the location and the 100% non smoking policy. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was the smell of cigarette smoke. I immediately called the front desk. There were cigarette burns on the blanket. The towels were very dingy. The bed skirt was touching the floor. There were ashes in the light fixture. The blankets were very, very wrinkled. The towels had hair embedded in them. I'm not sure what has to be dome to say that it was remodeled. But the only thing that looked halfway new was the television. :(

The staff was pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a Hotel for sleeping, not for wanting a pool, etc. We love staying there when we go downstate. All the rooms are just updated, clean, quiet and we like that you can back up to your door so it's easier to get luggage, ect in and out of your room. We stay on ground floor towards the back, 122 or 124 and have never heard anything at all back there!! The rate was about $55 with taxes which is a deal! The movie theatre is up the street a little bit, tons of good resteraunts close by going in either direction when you get back to the main road. We have been using this hotel for 4 or 5 years now and have always been very rested and happy!! It's our place in the middle or all the fun stuff we want to do! We go down to Detroit & Suburbs for doctoring and make it fun this way!

Room Tip: We stay in the back on ground floor and never hear anything. The survey asks how the kids activites...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

IMy wife and I were somewhat leery of staying here... based on previous reviews of unclean rooms with bedbug issues. I have to say that was all bunk. We had a VERY nice superior king room that was well appointed (even had a mini-fridge which made our meal planning much easier) and clean. I was impressed with the fine staff too. They let us stay a bit longer as our flight time allowed us more leeway than the normal noon check-out. It's in an excellent location near to the airport at I-75 and Eureka Road. We choose a room on the backside of their building # 2 away from the freeway and didn't have any road noise issues (although a train does go through a few time per day nearby but that didn't bother us at all).

Room Tip: We choose a room on the backside of their building # 2 away from the freeway and didn't have any...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Needed to stay in the area for a few nights for a new job and this was the most affordable option. Worked out very well. Felt safe, was very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and efficient. 12pm check-out was nice. Able to park right at my room. Shower was nice. Slept there during the day and it was quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I always stay here on our way going to and from Florida. Having lived in the downriver area for most of my life this is extremely convenient and very close to my family who still live in the area. The rooms are always very clean and the staff has always been very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jodie F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Taylor
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Comfort Inn Metro Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor? Share your experiences!