“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.!!!!!!Will never stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.!!!!!!Will never stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel in August 2012. Was in Detroit for a church conference. My husband had left the key for me at the desk.....As me and my children proceeded to our room to get dressed for church the attendant at the front desk named Michelle came down the hallway where I was to advise me there were only 2 people per room. she then told me all of my children cannot stay in the room with me. I went to the front desk to tell her that my key wasn't working. Come to find out she had written the wrong room number on the front of the envelope that the key was in. Meanwhile my children are sitting on the cart in the hallway while I'm trying to get this mess straightened out with her. I'm telling her my key isn't working and she steadily telling me about how all my kids can't stay in this room. I said ma'am I have just driven 3 hours to get here and I need to get dressed to get to church. She then started asking me my husband's name our address etc. By this time my little one is running down the hallway I go and get him and knock on my friends door that came with me to let her know what was going on.... Michelle still has not given me back my keys yet and then had nerve enough to come behind me while I'm standing in the hallway telling my friend what's going on..... to interrupt our conversation and ask her how many people are staying in her room. I called my husband on the phone .. who was already at church to let him know the situation. By this time we all had together in 1 room to get ready for church. In the meantime my husband had to leave from church service to come back to the hotel to try and straighten things out. He got nowhere. There was no management on duty.... and the only thing that Michelle was concerned about was not given us a refund and how many people was in our room. We have stayed at this hotel before and never experienced a stay like this one before. I have vowed never to stay here again. We even called corporate to file a complaint and the first thing out of there mouth was no refund. That wasn't even the issue. They said that someone sent an email to apologize to my husband but we never received it. My husband is a bishop and we travel and have stayed in plenty of hotels never to be treated this way before. I guess they wanted my children to sleep outside.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shammah5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed here while in the area for business, visiting family and the Henry Ford Museum for a couple of days. Very easy access right off of I-94 in Taylor and plenty of restaurants, gas stations and shopping in the immediate area.

Had stayed her a few years back and it appears to need a little care this time around. The carpeting in the hallways are in dire need of a rug goctor.....time to shampoo guys! The rooms were comfortable as were the beds and we had a good night sleep.

The hot tub and the pool were wonderful and relaxing to use in the mornings and evenings after a day of exploring the area and museums.

Breakfast was very good each morning and had a decent variety of selections.

Only gripes about the stay were as follows:

1) Housekeeping left our room with two floormats for the shower instead of bath towels.

3) The person in the room above us who walked around like a horse until about 1 a.m. Get off of your heels!

2) The young lady working the breakfast area on the morning of August 30th was very cold and appeared to be pissed off at the world. Something wasn't right and she needed to check her attitude at the door when she came to work that day. Does she wonder why she fixes breakfasts here instead of another career? Could be attitude!

All iin all, I would stay here again while in the area for any reason. Value for the stay was very reasonable!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chuck C
Perrysville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Every employee we came into contact with courteous, helpful and just old fashioned NICE!! It seems that customer service is nonexsistent these days but not at this hotel. We stayed two nights as part of the Henry Ford Package. Check in was painless and pleasant. The room was a typical hotel room, but it was quiet. The breakfast was a full breakfast and kept well stocked. We were shuttled to the museum and the driver was friendly, answered question we had and even offered some trivia and info about the area. We were dropped off at the entrance and picked up at the end of our day both days. This was a fabulous "before school starts family vacation". The pool room smelled so strong of chlorine that it burned your eyes. The second night we were there the pool was closed which was catastrophic for my granddaughter.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel had no traffic noise (the even numbers)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jailnurzOH
Norton Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We purchased our package at the hotel with the Henry Ford Musuem & Greenfield Village. We stayed for two nights, had a free hot breakfast. The breakfast was awesome: belgian waffles, eggs bacon, sausage, gravy& bisquits. The staff was very nice and outgoing, they were patient, helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms were very clean and the large TV was a plus, air conditioning worked great. The bathroom was really clean. There was coffee in our room with a refrigerator that helped when staying to keep drinks cold and left over food good. The pool was at most 5' or shallower, warm and clean. We enjoyed ourselves and if we ever go back we will definitely stay here again. We made reservations on the phone and they reassured us of the Pkg. pricing and how to get the best deal. Love This Place!!

Room Tip: We had no problems we were on the third floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tstammy
Ravenna, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Got a super rate on a two-night stay for a family of four that included tickets to Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. We payed extra for a suite so the kids could hang out in the front room to watch tv and sleep on the pullout. The ability to spread out made our stay more comfortable and easier to rest after our day at the museum. The staff was freindly and helpful...especially the night clerk Harry. Very good selection for breakfast-eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. We were able to tank up at breakfast, have a light snack for lunch and then have a nice dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lindeesue
Westfield Center, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

For $289.00, my family of 4 got a room for 2 nights, free hot breakfasts, 4 tickets to The Henry Ford Museum, 4 tickets to the Titanic Exhibit, and 4 tickets to Greenfield Village. If we had paid for these tickets, we would have been in for $161.00! This deal is a steal.

The staff were helpful and knowledgeable and the room was clean and more than adequate. The pool was just a pool, but our kiddos had a blast swimming in it.

We were pleased and would recommend this hotel package.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jlormeau
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at the Taylor Comfort Inn and we were very satisfied with the cleanliness, staff, service, and overall accomodations. Our room was on the second floor and was very attractive and clean. The furniture looked new and the room included a king sized bed and big flatscreen TV. Althought we did not use the pool, it was was very clean and looked inviting, as did the two hot tubs.

The price was great and included tickets to two of Dearborn's major attractions: we choose the Henry Ford museum and Greenfield Village; definitely worth the trip.

The breakfast was "exceptional". The menu consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, grits, fresh fruit, along with bagels, toast, sweet rolls, cereal, yogurt and the best waffles I've had in a long time.

The location was ideal for our purposes. It was close to attractions and excellent restaurants.

This Inn was recommended to us and we are now highly recommending it to anyone visiting the Dearborn/Taylor area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor, room 208, and was quiet with an excellent location. Close to elevato...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheRose625
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
#2 of 3 in Allen Park
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
BEST WESTERN Greenfield Inn
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!