“DISGUSTING!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have never had a bad experience at a Comfort Inn before this one. This one was horrible. Walked into the room and in the bathroom sink was "black stuff" all over it. My husband went to tell the front desk and one of the staff members was on him about only registering 2 children when we had 3 with us. Our kids are 9-5-2. I didnt know we needed to count the 2yr old into the registered guests as we never have at any other hotel. She had a really snotty attitude about it. Our room smelled like stale smoke and the hallways did as well. Anyway the room was just dirty. We found hair on our pillows and to top it all off my husband found some kind of broken glass "pipe" (pretty sure it was a crack pipe) beside one of the queen beds. He took it to the front desk where he waited for 10min and nobody showed up. Breakfast was gross and really didnt feel like eating anything from a place like this anyway. We will never stay here again and recommend you dont either!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We purchased a family value package for two nights with four vouchers to Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum.

The price was great, they offer a shuttle from hotel, but we choose to drive.

The breakfast served from 630-1000 am was pretty good.eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, cereal x 3. Make your own waffles, coffee milk and juice. Need bacon ....

From desk employees were courteous. I seen some previous comments on bad attitude. I only saw one employee that seemed bitter, I think more overwhelmed... Poor girl trying to keep morning breakfast supplies full. Three employees were needed.... Everyone else was great. Pool is heated and in door.... Night place.... Night folks.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I have never wrote a review before, but this hotel deserves one. I read the previous reviews, prior to making the reservations, but most of the time take little stock in them because some reviewers seem to be hard to please. I should have taken their warning on this motel.

Upon arrival the front desk staff was rude making me wait to check in while they chatted. They were not friendly, never a "welcome to Comfort Inn" or friendly comment. The woman at the front desk proceeded to give me a list of things that were prohibited by my wife and me, while we were at the motel. Hanging in different locations in the lobby I counted 4 computer printed signs hanging on the wall telling people what was not allowed during their stay. The housekeeping staff on the other hand was excellent and very friendly. The rooms are clean and were restocked with supplies on both days. The pillows the pillows are very thin and the stuffing is bunched up, making the lumpy. Our air conditioner worked, but on both mornings the carpet was water soaked in front of it,

In the evening we were looking for a restaurant to eat. Where this motel is located there is not much to choose from and plan on traveling 4-7 miles to find a family style or chain restaurant that is not a fast food place. (Those are even several miles away)

If one of the main reason you are staying at the motel is the free "hot" breakfast, think twice. Stayed for two nights and both days the breakfast were some of the worst we have had at a motel. The scrambled eggs were cold and rubbery. Tried the biscuits and sausage gravy, sausage links and bacon they were also cold. Waffle makers had no spray oil and everyone's waffles were sticking in the maker. At 8AM on Saturday morning most of the food steamers were empty and not being refilled, and at 8:30AM all 4 carafes of coffee were empty and no employee was around to refill them. This is a poorly staffed motel and I would suggest that you look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank j b
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed here for our 1 year anniversary, the staff was friendly, and the price was right. We did a package with tickets to Henry Ford, and Greenfield Village. I would highly recommend a stay here if you are in the area!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MPetty_11
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

There's a bad vibe among the staff. Some are nice enough and some just don't care. Others are ready to pounce on anything as evidence of someone else's negligence.

We followed the directions online and wound up clearly behind the hotel with no visible connection. I called. The person answering said " I have no idea how to get to the front" and didn't even express concern much less offer to find someone, anyone, a maid or worker, who might know. "If you can somehow Get to Taylor st and I can help you". Wow. It's on Taylor street.

The pool was out of towels. When reported, they gave enough for our group. Nobody ever came down and put out more for the people sure to come after us. The pool still would be open for hours.

Nobody was rude. They just were indifferent.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Everyone was really nice....I did like the rules on only registered guest. The pool was nice you did not have to worry about riff raff and tons of extra people..... And like the fact no smoking someone in our hall was smoking I saw them put a note under the door. I did complaint about the smell I thought that was a nice way of letting them know not to because of the law... Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

These people all carry an bad attitude. Front desk clerk refused to replace the printer paper in the computer. Bitter coffee. But most of all was the NERVE of the lead housekeeping staff who fabricated a story about my smoking in the room. The NERVE of the hotel manager saying she smelled something too when I am not even a smoker. There was never any smoke, and if so it was a pre-existing condition from another hotel guest. It was clearly a ploy to try to charge me another $150.00 onto my stay. I threatened to contact authorities if they continued and I still might file charges. The housekeeping manager then plopped herself on top of the checkin desk and proceeded to mouth off to me. Imagine dropping 4 nights rent and getting mouthed off to and not a single thanks. Don't risk checking in here. They will do something to dupe you into excessive charges. They should all be fired. I will escalate this to Comfort Inn headquarters.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
#2 of 3 in Allen Park
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Hampton Inn by Hilton Detroit Dearborn
Best Western Greenfield Inn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!