Comfort Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesreduced ratebreakfast roomchain hotelsized bedstayed nightsbeds were comfortablecerealsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This Comfort Inn is a lil older, but very well maintained. You can really tell the staff takes pride in their work. Close to the airport but far enough away to not hear the busy Detroit skys. Great job Comfort Inn Taylor!

• Stayed: March 2014
Sharon H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and you are correct, we pride ourselves in our hotel and taking care of the guests who stay with us! We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We booked a room here in a package deal that got us tickets to use for the Henry Ford Museum and the Rouge Factory tour. When you add in the cost of those tickets plus the fact that they have a large breakfast buffet, which saved us the cost of breakfast for five people, we got a pretty good deal.

Our room was adequate. Not fancy, but not too run down. It could have been a little cleaner. The covers on one of the beds had stains on it, but at least the beds were comfortable, and the sheets appeared clean. There were four pillows on each queen bed, but they were an odd size--a square rather than a rectangle. The light switch for the bathroom was on the wall outside of the bathroom, so it took us a while to find it. And I'm not a fan of a toilet that doesn't have a lid with the seat. It's too easy to drop something into it (not that we had this happen, but it made it hard to set anything down on the counter without having to worry about it falling off and hitting the bullseye of the toilet). It was also strange having a sign in the bathroom that stated that "because their items were so popular, they are made available for purchase by housekeeping." It went on to list the price of towels, washcloths, and even the coffee maker (only $50!). Seriously? It would have been less offensive to have a sign that said, "Please don't steal stuff from the room, or you will be charged for it." There was a small refrigerator in the entry way of the bathroom, and it included what I assume was a wine rack with plenty of room for hanging stemmed glassware. Another case of, seriously?

The hotel had a pool and a sauna. We were hoping for a hot tub, but oh well. The pool room would have been nice except for a group of seven unsupervised boys that ranged in age from about 6 or 7 to maybe 13. They were loud and kept running from the pool to the sauna and back again. A parent of some of them did check in on them at one point, but he seemed unconcerned about the commotion that the boys were causing and left soon afterward. They were there for about an hour as my youngest son braved getting into the water with them. Holding a conversation was impossible because you had to shout to be heard, even over a short distance. My teenage daughter decided to go use the workout room instead of dealing with the kids in the pool. The treadmill was fine, but the exercise bike didn't work correctly. She was happy to get in a workout, though. There's a good chance that we had the room directly below some of the families with the boys because it sounded like a herd of buffalo stomping over our heads sometimes. We let that go until 10 p.m., when we called down to the desk. The noise stopped shortly after that and stayed quiet the rest of the night, which was nice.

We ordered a rollaway bed with our room, which was there when we got to the room. I opened it up to find that more than half of the springs were missing or detached, so the bed sagged like a hammock in the middle. The desk clerk was helpful, taking off the charge of the bed when it didn't appear that another one was available. They were completely booked, so we couldn't move to a different room either. We planned to just use the rollaway bed mattress on the floor since it was just for one night, but then they showed up at the door with another rollaway bed. That one was sturdier and appeared to be in much better condition, so all was good.

The breakfast buffet was nice. We had no complaints about the scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits, gravy, fruit, cereal, and waffle maker. The only issue was with the apple juice from the juice machine. The machine didn't appear to be mixing things quite right. The apple juice was more like apple flavored water, and my youngest son didn't care for the fruit punch either, saying that it was sour. The orange juice was okay, though.

All in all, we were happy with the food and with our stay here. We will consider booking here again if we ever come back to the area and need a place to stay overnight.

Room Tip: If you're there on a weekend, ask for a room on the third floor instead of the first or second. That will eliminate the potential for people stomping around over your head while you're trying to sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DJ3423
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hopefully this will be a good stay. We made a reservation with staff member Mike over the phone a few weeks ago around 11 in the evening. All information was given and reservation was booked & confirmed (we thought). Luckily I had a chance to stop by the hotel to checkout the rooms before actually staying there. Found out our reservation was not in the system and a new one had to made by the Comfort Inn Rep that morning which was confirmed and printed to have on hand. Rooms weren't bad at all. We will post an updated review late next weekend after our stay with full review, detailed room and hotel photos and all and our experience with everything from check-in to check-out with the staff, breakfast, any request and customer service above all else towards us an other guest. Hope we have a good experience.

Room Tip: Will Advise
Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I want to start by saying I have no choice where I stay, my company makes the decision.

I got in at 6 AM and checked in, first thing the desk clerk says is, "the elevator is broken". So what, give a room on the first floor.
The variety of food for breakfast was abundant, the problem is most of it SUCKED. The powdered eggs were worse than what I ate in the Army. The sausage was terrible as well as the biscuits and gravy.
After a few hours in bed, I was awoke by the loud talking by the housekeepers.

Then the construction began, electric drills, circular saws, and the pounding of hammers. Did I mention I checked in at 6 AM ???
The construction started and stopped throughout the day.

Once I got back to sleep, the fire alarm went off for about a minute.

I finally decided to shower, get dressed, and leave the room. Outside my door were two workman using electric tools on the floor.

This place is, without a doubt, the worst place you can stay at. AVOID IT !!!!

Room Tip: Here's a tip, find a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The man who took my reservation screwed it up. When I went to check in the lady said that I did not have a reservation for that day. She said it was for the day before. He screwed up the dates. I was left with no room because they were booked full. Not to mention he told me it was gonna be a heart shaped jacuzzi suite which I later found out it was under a oval shaped jacuzzi suite. Seems to me they do not know what they are doing or offering their guests. All I got was a bunch of sorries and an offer for a stupid coupon. You can guess what I told her to do with her coupon!!! I left out of there trying to find another hotel. What a total inconvenience.

Stayed: November 2013