“This place needs to be shut down!”

Motel 6 Baltimore West
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Milford Mill
“This place needs to be shut down!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

This place is disgusting! I can't even explain my hatred for it. The woman in the lobby had to be crazy hormonal or something because she didn't want to change my room! There was a bug on the pillow that was a big as a piece of chocolate and the place was just extremely dirty. Would not recommend at all. Only stayed to save money. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Edistheshit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Simpsonville, sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Do NOT stay here. Tried out for one night to save a few bucks, it wasn't worth it. The bedding and carpet was awfully dirty, and in the morning, I found two dead bed bugs on the sheet. I'm worried now that I'm bringing bed bugs home :(

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anonymous496

Travellers are raving about these Milford Mill hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I would NEVER stay here again. I was there for about 5 hours. I fell asleep only to wake up to a bed bug crawling down my arm. I threw the blanket back to find 2 more bed bugs in the bed. I have bite marks all over my body. I demanded a refund and once it was granted I packed my things and got the hell out of there

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank toynesha g
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This Motel 6 has three sections. The third section sits back and above the other two sections. There is a fence that separates the 300 section rooms from a Days Inn. I reserved the room online via the Motel 6 site. Check-in was easy and the front desk people were courteous. There is no pool. There is no breakfast.

I had a single-bed room. The room itself is designed for two beds, thus there was quite a bit of open space between the door and the bed. There is an old-style TV, the basic furniture, and basic lighting. The room lights were rather dim. The sink and bathroom lights were good and bright.

The bed was not really firm, but not really bouncy. It's as if the mattress were made of pillows. The linens looked good. It's two days later and I don't have red welts - how's that?

The towel setup gave me two washcloths, hand towels and bath towels. There was neither a hair dryer, tissues, glasses, ice bucket, nor shampoo/conditioner. Soap and toilet paper were in adequate supply.

The room was clean. Everything functioned as needed. The water was hot and the shower provided adequate pressure considering it uses a water-saving head.

I did not feel cheated by my stay.

Room Tip: The 300-section rooms are on the hill and thus may provide more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ChumpireFanzine
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I used to go to Motel 6 all the time...back before they got sold a few times and became so seedy of a chain. I stopped going there after I stayed at the Garden of the Gods one in Colorado Springs. I saw a little bug I'd never see before on one bed and slept in the other bed and a couple of weeks later our whole family had a full-blown case of head lice...that little bug I'd seen on the other bed was apparently on the one I slept in, too.
So we signed up site unseen for this motel with fear and trepidation...we were desperate. The rate was $60 for a Sat. night, which was the best we could find in Baltimore (we go to Balto-area frequently, and most of the lower motels are at least $60-$80, we've found). I was also a bit nervous about the area. The hotel was very quiet when we were there. Our room was large and not spectacular, but average for a Motel 6. The bathroom was huge, but I think we were in a handicapped-access room, which was actually a nice place to be. The motel is back away from the busy intersections. It overlooks the backside of a couple of businesses, but that's probably one reason why it was quiet.
We had problems with the Internet and the front desk guy seemed sincerely apologetic--we finally figured out that only one person per code could go online at a time. We paid $2.99 for Internet, which was a heck of a lot less than the hotels we'd been in earlier (we had just gone to the local McD's for Internet when we were in those hotels).
No fridge or microwave, of course. The 10 only had about 10 stations, so it wasn't great for watching a movie or anything interesting. But it seemed to be clean and gave us the basics and the beds weren't too bad to sleep in. When we checked in, we were given a 10% discount for some reason my husband couldn't understand (the front desk guys are a little hard to follow...perhaps Indian and Carribean?). Housekeeping DIDN'T come back in 10 minutes, when we were leaving the room for the day, as we requested.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicapped room. I think they might be nicer because they might be used less.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

This hotel was the worst. The staff was rude. They don't clean and restock your rooms daily. Most of the cleaning staff does not speak english. The advertisement sad newly renovated rooms not true. The hotel was a mecca for prostitutes and homeless people. One evening my husband and I returned back to our room and it had not been cleaned. We called the front desk the manager said there was nothing he could do everyone was gone for the day. Then my husband said fine would you please just bring us some clean towels and bathroom tissue. The manager said if you want it come get it yourself. The management at this property was very unprofessional and rude. My advice to any future traveler DON'T STAY HERE!

• Liked — When is was time to check out
  • Disliked — The prostitutes and the homeless people begging for cigarets.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank DWFNewYork
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2008

This place is the worst! They recently remodeled the rooms to make it look like the rest of the Motel 6 chain, so the rooms look fairly clean. However, our room smelled like smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking and they had non-smoking signs in the room. The worst part was that my roommate got his laptop and laptop bag stolen when the room was being cleaned, so clearly appeared to be an inside job. Our other friends who had the room next to us had their room key code changed in the middle of our stay and couldn't get into their room. When we went to the front desk to discuss the 2 situations, the workers at the desk were extremely rude and one of them insisted that the customer is always wrong. The manager was a bit nicer once he finally showed up the day we departed this place from hell. So anyone considering this Motel 6, please look elsewhere!

• Disliked — Worst, inconsiderate, unfriendly workers and staff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Howard Johnson Pikesville
Howard Johnson Pikesville
#2 of 4 in Pikesville
Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Been to Motel 6 Baltimore West? Share your experiences!