“Excellent service by receptionist”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Three Rivers
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent service by receptionist”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were very pleased the service we received from Jenna Bard at reception during our weekend stay in June. She was extremely helpful at finding me documentation about a self-guided tour of Amish country, which turns out to be a 10 minute drive away. I completely wasn't expecting that degree of consideration.
The rooms were very nice as was the breakfast. I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly even if it didn't have a swimming pool. The discount rate we were offered as irresistible.
Thanks again, Jenna!

Room Tip: Near the elevator was a bit noisy with the beeps but otherwise it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 23 July 2012

On a recent trip to Three Rivers I had car trouble. Three Rivers area has three hotels and I chose Americas Best Value Inn. Much to my surprise when I went into my room it was a three room mini apartment. First I thought there was and error and I went back to the front desk and asked if I was paying the correct rate. After being assured that it was the correct rate it was a pleasure to stay at such a well maintained facility.

Room Tip: Do not be skeptical about choosing a Hotel because of its name or flag.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Whitney L
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and found the hotel room to be very disgusting. There were spiders everywhere and we found belongings from previous guests in the room. The bed was very uncomfortable. The staff was friendly but I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank S N
abvithreerivers, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our staff, but I’m sorry you experienced a rare lapse in housekeeping and other issues during your stay. Your stay was some time ago, however, and we have made many changes and improvements to the hotel since that time. I hope you will visit again soon and see how we’re now better than ever before.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Three Rivers hotels

Detroit
Reviewed 18 January 2010

My husband and I have stayed here several times for pleasure and for business and always had a very pleasant, enjoyable time. I find the hotel to be very conveniently located for exploring the local area. The staff has always been extremely helpful and knowledgeable about local places to visit and dine.

This visit, we took advantage of their ski package with Swiss Valley Ski Area and had a wonderful time.

In the past, we have brought our dog and I am always impressed with how acccommodating they are with pets.

I appreciate being able to travel frugally and I find the convenience of a kitchen in every room especially inviting. The value of this amenity alone is extremely important to me, but I have also found that the rates here, considering all that you receive (laundry, central location, breakfast, etc), to be extremely reasonable and makes this one my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Thank you for your positive comments, we are glad you were happy with your stay again. Please come back to see us in the future. Thanks again.
Michigan
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I stayed at the America's Best Value Inn and found it to be excellent. I loved the breakfast in the morning. The room was very clean. In fact, I have stayed there several times and in different rooms. I was pleased each time.

Free high speed internet in the rooms. Very clean rooms. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Very helpful. Hotel is very safe. Very quiet area.

Also had my dog with me. There was a very large area for her to run around and do her business. I usually walk her off the leash as she stays with me.

Able to do laundry. Cleaning people really took care of me.

I recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
We are very pleased that you had a good nights rest at our hotel, that is our goal. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
quad cities, ia
Reviewed 22 December 2007

Having stayed at this hotel on assignment for a job for a few months, I found that the room was of nice size, large refridgerator, and fully functional kitchen, (lacking oven). The employees are very pleasant and helpful , when there is one at the front desk. There is not somebody staffed there for the 3rd shift hours, which is understandable, but on more than one occassion, the desk was closed up to an hour early, disallowing me to get my key "recharged", which meant that I was not able to get into my room or the building after hours. Every two to three days, i would have to recharge my key, which was an inconvinience with the i hours i was working. The front desk would have a variety of closing hours during the second shift, The manager was not reachable when desk was closed, and if i arrived between 10 pm and 11 pm, and my key didn't work, i would not be able to get in. There is no sign or note implying what to do if this occurs. Luckily i found that the Holiday Inn next door is owned by the same people, and have access to the hotel "after hours" . I thank god that they were able to help me get into my room, otherwise i would be waiting outside until the 1st shift staff arrived at 7 am to get in. If i were to stay in Three Rivers again, i definitely would not stay here, i would go to the holiday inn, or stay in kalamazoo which is just north of here.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank niuthorn
Thanks for your comments. Just to let you know, we have an entirely new staff since your stay with us and we have made many impovements to the hotel. We hope that you come back to give us another try so we can show you what has been done here. Thanks again, hope to see you soon.
upstate NY
Reviewed 9 November 2007

We stayed one night at the America's Best Value Inn, and were disappointed at what we found. The front desk clerk was very nice, friendly and helpful, but the hotel seemed to be still in a state of unfinished construction. Our suite had no chairs, even at the desk, and no lights in the living room section. The kitchen had no utensils of any kind, not even a plate, nor a coffeemaker.

It was also dirty. There were 3 pillows on the queen bed, but all had blood stains and hairs on them. There was a hole in the bottom sheet. The kitchen had wall to wall carpet in it, also with a hole in it. Everything about the place seemed shoddy, and the poorest possible quality. I know that it was only $89 for the night, but it wasn't a very good value, even at that price.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty and shoddy
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TeresaupstateNY
We apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We have made many improvements since your last visit with the management team and staff and think you will be very pleased if you return. Please take a look at the most recent reviews since the changes have been made. Thank you for your comments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Three Rivers
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana
Hampton Inn Sturgis-Lagrange Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers? Share your experiences!