“EXCELLENT ACROSS THE BOARD”

Comfort Inn Traverse City
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toledo, Ohio
“EXCELLENT ACROSS THE BOARD”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We've stayed in may hotels over the years. This one surpassed all expectations by far on every level. The staff really went out of their way. Would recommend it to anyone and will be back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephnan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stayed here one night and the Knights Inn an earlier night. Comfort Inn slightly more expensive but a much nicer room/hotel! The pool is open 24 hours, the rooms very nicely decorated and furnished with everything you could need, and super comfy beds. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mrs_terebinthia
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 July 2010

You know how hotel room pictures on the net always look better than the real thing? Not the case here. I walked into my room and it looked just like the picture to my shock. There was a flat screen TV, beautifully made beds and super clean bathroom. I usually do not sleep well in hotel beds, but the one in my room was very comfortable. I brought my own pillows so I can't comment on the quality of theirs. The hotel staff was very nice and extremely helpful with directions and food recommendations. I did not eat breakfast there as the breakfast room was very crowded and a little too small for comfort with the amount of people in it. It was fine though, as there was a fridge and microwave in the room so I could heat leftovers. I was in town for 5 nights and "had" to visit the Grand Traverse Pie Company several times.

The only minor gripes I have is that you can hear some noise in the hall and the electronic heat/cool unit is a little noisy.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Docshoney
Grand Ledge
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We traveled here with our family members, and the hotel featured a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles and all kinds of goodies. The room featured a granite or corian countertop, large screen TV and comfortable beds. Pool and jacuzzi were very nice. Convenient location to all attractions in Traverse City.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DBSRae
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 2 July 2010

My wife and I traveled to Traverse City to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary, and chose the Comfort Inn to stay for our visit . We chose this hotel based on a previous experience with a Choice Hotel in Pennsylvania last year. The Traverse City Comfort Inn is centrally located and makes a good jump off point for all of the Traverse City attractions. The hotel is fairly new. We arrived early and were permitted to check-in. We had a very nice room -- a King Jacuzzi room. Our room was quite spacious, and very clean. It was tastefully appointed with a 40" flat-screen TV, fridge, microwave and coffee-maker, and I thought the layout of the jacuzzi and tub worked quite well. The bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet. The hotel provided a full breakfast. Personally, I liked the biscuits/gravy with bacon/eggs! The food was tasty and very well prepared. Although the breakfast room was a little tight, my wife and I were comfortable and enjoyed the food. The ladies servicing the breakfast area kept the food coming, and made sure that things were clean and orderly. The hotel has ample parking, an indoor pool and hot tub, and a fitness center. Although we did not take advantage of the pool or fitness facilities, they appeared to be clean and well maintained. The one things that impressed me the most was the excellent staff. Everyone we met or talked with was professional and service oriented. Many of them, from housekeeping to management to facilities maintenance -- were kind enough to wish my wife and I a Happy Anniversary. The hotel manager took it a step further by giving my wife and I a bouquet of fresh flowers in our room. This was an exceptionally nice touch which pleased my wife. She got to keep the flowers and vase which are sitting today (a couple of days after our visit) on a table in our home in Battle Creek. All in all, we had a great time in Traverse City, and a great stay at the Comfort Inn! One last thing -- I am an active member of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE), and was able to get a great rate saving about $40 on a two-day stay. Thanks, Choice Hotels!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank penguinhunter
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We only stayed one night but, it was wonderful. Rooms clean and very large rooms to move about. Breakfast area was clean and staff took care of all the food and made sure it was well stocked. I look forward to another visit at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Higgins100
michigan
Reviewed 24 June 2010

My husband & I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Traverse in December and we both agreed after our stay that it was one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in. The free, hot breakfast (and there's a lot of food to choose from) was delicious! We stayed in a room with a whirlpool tub right near our bed. I thought that might be strange, but it was actually very relaxing and if I may say so...divinel! The room was nice and clean! The hot tub located by the pool on the first floor was very warm and nice. We received great customer service from all of the hotel employees. The manager (I can't find my information with his name) was extremely helpful and gave us a great rate for our two night stay. We would not hesitate to stay here again, and we give this establishment a BIG thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple