“go the extra mile”

Comfort Inn Traverse City
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I have some special needs regarding the bed and a little assistance. The staff from the Manager on down were all extremely helpful and pleasant. They truly went the "extra mile" by not only assisting in every way I asked but suggesting one or two other things they could do to help me.
A great room and one of the best motel breakfasts I've encountered.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seamus62
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Traverse City

Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed here while attending a sports tournament during peak summer city events (Traverse City Film Festival). The city was jammed and all hotels were booked. We ended up in this hotel as the team hotel could not accommodate us; we were lucky!!! This is a terrific small hotel. The person/team who did the updating should be commended. Room appointments are very nice in a modern/traditional style with comfortable beds and all functionality (armoire, coffee makers, fridge, free internet access, flat screen TV, granite sink/shelving and nicely tiled bathroom). There is a fieldstone fireplace in the foyer with modern couches and nice breakfast area. The entire hotel was spotless and we could tell, well cared for with excellent staff. Would definitely stay again and recommend this to anyone. The only reason to give this hotel 3 dots (only) for value is that rooms over $200.00 we felt were a bit high; but this was peak season on the lake and we reserved late.

1  Thank travelbum555
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We've stayed in may hotels over the years. This one surpassed all expectations by far on every level. The staff really went out of their way. Would recommend it to anyone and will be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephnan
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stayed here one night and the Knights Inn an earlier night. Comfort Inn slightly more expensive but a much nicer room/hotel! The pool is open 24 hours, the rooms very nicely decorated and furnished with everything you could need, and super comfy beds. I'd definitely stay here again.

1  Thank mrs_terebinthia
Reviewed 16 July 2010

You know how hotel room pictures on the net always look better than the real thing? Not the case here. I walked into my room and it looked just like the picture to my shock. There was a flat screen TV, beautifully made beds and super clean bathroom. I usually do not sleep well in hotel beds, but the one in my room was very comfortable. I brought my own pillows so I can't comment on the quality of theirs. The hotel staff was very nice and extremely helpful with directions and food recommendations. I did not eat breakfast there as the breakfast room was very crowded and a little too small for comfort with the amount of people in it. It was fine though, as there was a fridge and microwave in the room so I could heat leftovers. I was in town for 5 nights and "had" to visit the Grand Traverse Pie Company several times.

The only minor gripes I have is that you can hear some noise in the hall and the electronic heat/cool unit is a little noisy.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Docshoney
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We traveled here with our family members, and the hotel featured a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles and all kinds of goodies. The room featured a granite or corian countertop, large screen TV and comfortable beds. Pool and jacuzzi were very nice. Convenient location to all attractions in Traverse City.

1  Thank DBSRae
Reviewed 2 July 2010

My wife and I traveled to Traverse City to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary, and chose the Comfort Inn to stay for our visit . We chose this hotel based on a previous experience with a Choice Hotel in Pennsylvania last year. The Traverse City Comfort Inn is centrally located and makes a good jump off point for all of the Traverse City attractions. The hotel is fairly new. We arrived early and were permitted to check-in. We had a very nice room -- a King Jacuzzi room. Our room was quite spacious, and very clean. It was tastefully appointed with a 40" flat-screen TV, fridge, microwave and coffee-maker, and I thought the layout of the jacuzzi and tub worked quite well. The bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet. The hotel provided a full breakfast. Personally, I liked the biscuits/gravy with bacon/eggs! The food was tasty and very well prepared. Although the breakfast room was a little tight, my wife and I were comfortable and enjoyed the food. The ladies servicing the breakfast area kept the food coming, and made sure that things were clean and orderly. The hotel has ample parking, an indoor pool and hot tub, and a fitness center. Although we did not take advantage of the pool or fitness facilities, they appeared to be clean and well maintained. The one things that impressed me the most was the excellent staff. Everyone we met or talked with was professional and service oriented. Many of them, from housekeeping to management to facilities maintenance -- were kind enough to wish my wife and I a Happy Anniversary. The hotel manager took it a step further by giving my wife and I a bouquet of fresh flowers in our room. This was an exceptionally nice touch which pleased my wife. She got to keep the flowers and vase which are sitting today (a couple of days after our visit) on a table in our home in Battle Creek. All in all, we had a great time in Traverse City, and a great stay at the Comfort Inn! One last thing -- I am an active member of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE), and was able to get a great rate saving about $40 on a two-day stay. Thanks, Choice Hotels!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple