“Hello again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Chateau Chantal Winery and Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Traverse City B&B and Inns
Saint Joseph, Illinois
“Hello again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We cannot go to Traverse City without visiting Chateau Chantal. It has the best views of the peninsula. Things have changed a lot since we've been there. The whole place has been expanded and they offer more things to purchase. An outdoor patio with plenty of seating, I'm talking huge, has been added as well. I had to have one of their Christmas Ornaments as a keepsake and some of their jams. I was anxious to get our daughter a sweatshirt from there, but they don't have the nice sweatshirts anymore like the one I have and I was disappointed. If you aren't into wine, they don't pay a lot of attention to you, which is fine as I just love taking photos from there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Racine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I were on a mission to the Mission Peninsula's Chateau Chantal for a wine tasting! This whole area is just beautiful with many orchards and vineyards and when you arrive at the Chateau Chantal it just takes your breath away! We enjoyed our tastings here and ordered our selected favorites. Hubby especially was surprised with the "CINQ A SEPT" which is a five year old oak aged Michigan Brandy which he couldn't leave behind! We hope to return one day to stay at this magnificent Inn! For now we are back home in Racine, WI enjoying our liquid treats with memories of our "Mission" in beautiful Michigan!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed here a couple times. You can't ask for a better view, the staff are amazing, and of course the wine is fabulous. Our room is always clean, the beds and pillows are so nice! Our only complaint is the breakfast. Someone wrote on here that they have gourmet breakfasts. Not even close. The first year we stayed here the breakfast was dry, cheap, food. This year we thought we would try the breakfast again to see if it had changed. It was nothing special. There are not a lot of rooms here, it would not be difficult to have someone come in and do an omelet station or something. This year it was dry potatoes, fluffy dry egg bake, bacon, and sausage. We spent 500 for the weekend, a nice fresh breakfast would have been much more appreciated. Our check-out day we left early to go somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Aimlaw
mcdalese, Owner at Chateau Chantal Winery and Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Greetings,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate hearing the good and the not so good from our guests. I would like to offer my apologies for your breakfast. While we do have a daily chef come in early each morning to prepare breakfast fresh for our guests, our chefs do rotate in offering from what could be considered a traditional old mission peninsula farmer's breakfast, to a traditional French country offering, to a more modern presentation. It is obvious we need to improve upon the breakfast you experienced and will work to do so. Having grown up on my Mom's breakfasts, I can assure you that you would have enjoyed her offerings had you had them. At 82, she only cooks 2 days a week these days, but we try to spread her style to the other chefs. Time for re-training!
Marie-Chantal Dalese
Mio, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The best thing about my stay at Chateau Chantal was the peaceful, quiet setting. Old Mission Peninsula is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen - I loved exploring the peninsula and then coming back to the serenity of the B & B.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Nic36_13
Ludington, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here for our anniversary trip the last 7 years in a row. Why? The view, the staff, serenity, gourmet breakfast, the rooms and more. If you want peace and serenity this is the place to go! If you are current or retired military ask about their special off season discount!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle S
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband booked us 2 nights in March for a Christmas present for me, he knows that I always have wanted to stay here. Well glad to say it did not disappoint! From the moment we walked in to the time we checked out everyone was smiling and helpful. Our room was one of the smaller rooms but still very large and had views of both bays (that's why I wanted that room) and the bathroom had a huge walk in shower with body jets, awesome! I am a late sleeper so my wonderful husband brought me breakfast in bed both days, they say breakfast is you snooze you lose but they have trays available to bring food back to your room and again the breakfast were to die for! We booked a couples massage in our room and it was incredible, so relaxing! Our favorite part though had to be the tour when we first checked in and being told that our key gets us into the tasting room and all the wine is left in the cooler or on the shelf behind the counter and you can help yourself to a tasting after hours and you can have one complimentary glass of wine after that. Then any wine you want to bring back to your room you just grab a bottle or two and take it with you, just write it on the sheet in your room. Plus they have cheese and sausage and olives and crackers in the fridge that you also can help yourself to, just write it on your list in your room and pay at checkout! We loved our little get away and hope to go back again in December for our anniversary!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa B
Big Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We spent two nights here in early March, enjoyed a morning tour of the wine-making facilities, ate two marvelous breakfasts, explored both the Old Mission and Leelanau peninsulas, and ate at a couple of excellent restaurants. Everyone was very hospitable. It's a great destination for some time away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple