“Yes, we have no bananas, nor plugs...”

Howard Johnson of Traverse City
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Oceanside, New York
“Yes, we have no bananas, nor plugs...”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was recently renovated in the last two years. It it conveniently located on the main drag. It is a typical two-story motel, with parking in front. Rooms were spacious and attractively designed, as was the lobby with large screen tv.

I only had two complaints: There were no/few accessible plugs in rooms for my computer or cell phone. And there were no bananas for breakfast.

Manager's special rate was $59. And they offer a AAA/AARP discount.

Motel is only 10 minutes from the airport, which is one of the handsomest I ever traveled through.

Room Tip: They are very accommodating when making reservations in advance.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bellaire
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We used to come here often but since the recent remodel, it's just been too many problems. The last time we stayed we got a small room with no window. The room was extremely hot and the AC was broken. The sheets were also covered with black hairs. I told the lady in the front and she brought me new sheets to change myself and told me I should have checked the room right when we got there, before housekeeping left. We slept in a hot room with no AC or window and the phone was also broken. The last few times we couldn't even check in! I was in the area and I had my boyfriend call and book me a room. The weather was really bad and I couldn't drive home. Everything was all set but when I got there, the lady would not let me check in because it wasn't under my name. Well, I had no way of paying for it at the time. She had called and spoke with my boyfriend and got the paper work ready- I signed for it and she excused herself to talk to her manager. She came back and said she was sorry but she couldn't let me stay after all. After 40 minutes of this. Another time I came in with my boyfriend. He was paying for it under his card but didn't have his license on him. I gave her mine and she wouldn't accept it because it had to be the person paying for it. We were turned down again but ended up staying at a great hotel down the street, with no problem. The past few times there has always been a reason to turn us away and she keeps blaming it on her manager being really strict. Well, if that's the case, there is plenty of competition in TC and we have no problem going someplace else... maybe a place where employees aren't scared of their boss.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Traverse City
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The room was spacious, extremely clean and comfortable. The rate was very reasonable and I was not expecting such a nice room for that price. Would absolutely use this motel again when we go back to Traverse City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family